Are there times when you cannot understand the accent or the language being said by a character in a movie or TV series? It happens to a lot of people, that is why subtitles and closed captions are helpful sometimes. Subtitles and closed captioning features offer the transcription of the sounds and lines in a video.
Many streaming services these days allow users to enable or disable subtitles or closed captions on the movie or TV show they are watching easily. There are also various languages available, so you can select your native language. For Amazon Prime Video, the steps to use subtitles when streaming are easy to follow.
NO ACCOUNT YET? Sign up for Amazon Prime Video free trial here!
How to Turn On or Off Subtitles or Get Closed Captions when Streaming Content on Amazon Prime Video
There are different ways to enable or disable the closed captions and subtitles on your Amazon Prime Video account. The process is easy depending on the device you are using to stream on the platform. You can do it through the streaming app on your PC or Mac computer, smart TV, mobile devices, gaming consoles, or streaming media players.
How to Turn On or Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles and Closed Captions via Android Device, iPhone, or iPad
- On your mobile device, launch the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Look for a video that you want to watch and start playing on.
- Pause the video and go to the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Speech Bubble icon.
- Choose to turn off the subtitles or select the language that you prefer.
- Tap on the video playback and play the video.
How to Get Amazon Prime Video Subtitles and Closed Captions via PC or Web Player
- Play the movie or TV series episode that you want to watch.
- In the upper right corner, click the Speech Bubble icon.
- Select Off or the language that you prefer for your subtitle.
Enable or Disable Amazon Prime Video Subtitles and Closed Captions via Amazon Firestick
- Play the video you want to watch and pause it after a few seconds.
- Go to the top right corner and select the three-line icon.
- Choose Subtitles or Closed Captions.
- Highlight the subtitle that you want and press the Select button.
Manage Amazon Prime Video Subtitles and Closed Captioning Features using your Roku Device
- On your Roku device, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Navigate to Accessibility.
- Select Captions Mode.
- Set it to Off or select the language that you want.
How to Turn On or Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles and Closed Captions via Smart TV
- Play the movie or TV show episode you want to stream and pause it after a few seconds.
- At the bottom right corner, select Options.
- Go to Subtitles.
- Select the button below the subtitles.
- Choose Off or any language that you want.
Do you prefer to turn on or off the subtitles when streaming on Amazon Prime Video? We are curious to know. You can tell us in the comment section below.
ADD-ON CHANNELS: Extend your content library with Prime Video Channels! Sign up here!