Google Chromecast makes it easier for users to stream their favorite TV shows and movies from a smaller screen to a bigger one. That means you no longer have to compromise watching on your phone or any mobile device. Now, you can watch your videos on your smart TV by casting or mirroring them using Chromecast.
However, some users reported that they are having trouble using the device and encountered the error message, “Sorry, Chromecast Encountered a Network Error.” When they try to cast their movies or TV series episodes on their smart TV, Chromecast experiences a problem.
There can be various reasons why your Chromecast device is having an issue connecting to a network. It can be a problem with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or with the app you want to cast. In some cases, it is also an error on your Chromecast device.
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve: Sorry, Chromecast Encountered a Network Error
If you see the network connectivity error when using your Google Chromecast or Chromecast with Google TV device, you can try to troubleshoot the issue and fix it with the solutions below.
Try to Power Cycle your Device
The first thing you can do if your Chromecast device is not working properly is to perform a power cycle procedure. It will refresh your Internet network connection as well as your device processes and apps.
- Turn off all your devices.
- Unplug your router, modem, and other plugged devices.
- What for at least 3 minutes.
- Now, plug them all back in and connect to the Internet.
- Turn on all your devices and try using Chromecast again.
Check the App where you want to Stream your Content
Is the server down for your streaming app? You can check for updates on their websites, blogs, or social media. If you cannot find any news, you can try casting video content from a different app and check if you see the error. If not, then the problem may be with the previous app.
Do a Reset on your Chromecast Device
- Plug your Chromecast device in.
- Go to the side of your Chromecast and look for the small button.
- Press and hold the side button for 25 seconds or until a message appears on your TV that it is performing the factory reset.
Set Up your Chromecast Again
- Launch the Google Home app on your device.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Rooms and Groups.
- Tap Other cast devices.
- Select your device.
- On the top right corner, tap the Cog Wheel icon.
- Select Device information.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Forget button next to it.
- Select Forget network.
- Now, go back to the Home screen.
- Tap the Plus icon.
- Select Set up device.
- Choose New device.
- Tap your home.
- Wait for Google to find your Chromecast.
Do you have other methods that may help in troubleshooting and fixing the Chromecast Internet network connectivity issue? You can share them in the comment section below.