Freesat is a British free-to-air satellite television service, provided by a joint venture between the BBC and ITV plc. It offers over 200 television and radio channels, as well as on-demand content and interactive services.
Freesat is available to viewers in the United Kingdom who have a satellite dish and a Freesat receiver or a compatible digital television. It is an alternative to subscription-based satellite television services such as Sky and Virgin Media, and to terrestrial television services such as Freeview. Freesat includes both standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) channels, and is available to viewers with or without a subscription.
TODAY’S DEALS: Get amazing offers on a new Sony Bravia TV at Amazon & Walmart!
What Channels & Content are Available if you Tune in & Get Freesat on your Smart TV?
Freesat offers a range of television and radio channels, including many of the channels available on Freeview, as well as additional channels that are only available via satellite.
The satellite TV service includes a mix of free-to-air and subscription channels, including BBC One, BBC Two, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, Sky News, and many more.
In addition, to live television, Freesat also offers on-demand content and interactive services through its catch-up and on-demand service, called “Freesat Freetime”. This service allows users to access a range of TV and radio shows, films, and other on-demand content from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, and other broadcasters, either live or on-demand.
Freesat Accessibility & Pricing
To access Freesat, viewers in the United Kingdom need a satellite dish and a Freesat receiver or a compatible digital smart television. The service is free to use, and does not require a subscription or ongoing payment. However, some channels and on-demand content may require a separate subscription or payment to access.
How to Get, Set up & Watch Freesat Channels & On-Demand Content on Sony Bravia Android Smart TV
If you have a Sony Bravia Android smart TV at home, you can access Freesat easily. Here’s how to set it up to get access and watch free TV shows and on-demand movie content from Freesat on your Sony TV. Follow these steps to get started:
- Check if your TV is compatible with Freesat: not all Sony Bravia TVs support Freesat. You can check if your TV model is compatible by visiting the Freesat or Sony UK website or contacting Sony customer support.
- Set up a satellite dish: in order to receive Freesat, you’ll need a satellite dish installed on the exterior of your home. If you don’t already have a satellite dish, you’ll need to have one installed by a professional.
- Connect your TV to the satellite dish: once you have a satellite dish installed, you’ll need to connect your TV to it using a coaxial cable. If your TV doesn’t have a coaxial input, you’ll need to use a satellite receiver instead.
- Tune your TV to Freesat: once you’ve connected your TV to the satellite dish, you’ll need to tune it to Freesat. To do this, go to the TV’s settings menu and select “Channel Tuning” or “Auto Tuning.” Follow the on-screen instructions to scan for and save the Freesat channels.
- Watch Freesat on your Sony Bravia Android TV: once you’ve completed the above steps, you should be able to watch Freesat on your TV by selecting the Freesat channels from the TV’s channel list or guide. You can also use the Freesat app on your TV to access additional features, such as catch-up TV and on-demand content.
That’s it! Were you able to stream Freesat content on your Sony Bravia TV? Tells us more of your experience in the comments section below.
DON’T MISS: Check out these awesome deals on new Sony Android TVs at Amazon & Walmart!