You look forward to binge-watching your favorite TV series and turning on your Apple TV 4K. With the 4K resolution, everything will be top-notched, and your experience will be amazing. When you start pressing buttons on your Apple TV 4K, the volume stopped working and nothing seems to function. You end up getting frustrated. Even charging your device won’t get it paired or connected to your streaming player and make your TV responsive to the remote.
It happens to many people, and getting your TV remote unresponsive can ruin your much-awaited streaming moment. You could be using the 1st, 2nd and even the latest generation device but remote connection issues can occur. But then, there are also ways you can try to troubleshoot the error and fix the problem with your remote control device using several solutions.
TODAY’S DEALS: Check out these limited-time offers on the latest Apple TV devices at Amazon, BestBuy, & Walmart!
Ways to Troubleshoot & Fix Apple TV 4K Remote Isn’t Working or Not Charging Issues
It is indeed annoying if your Apple TV 4K becomes unresponsive and isn’t working after pressing several buttons. Fortunately, you can try to fix and resolve the issue before you decide to get a replacement for it the next day. Check out the solutions below.
Power Cycle your Devices
- The problem may not be with your Apple TV 4K remote. It may be with your Apple TV device.
- Turn off all of your devices and unplug them from the power outlet.
- You can unplug your router and modem for at least 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, plug your devices back in and connect to the Internet.
- Turn on your devices and try using your remote to see if it works.
Replace the Batteries of your Apple TV Remote
- Open the battery door at the back of your remote using a coin or a paperclip.
- Replace the old batteries with new ones.
- If your Apple TV remote does not have a battery, you need to recharge it for at least 30 minutes.
- Try Pairing your Apple TV Remote Again
- Within three inches apart, point your remote to your Apple TV.
- Now, press and hold both the Back or Menu button and the Volume Up button. Do this for five seconds.
- Follow the rest of the instructions on your screen.
ReLink your Apple TV Remote
- Press and hold both the Menu and Left buttons for at least six seconds.
- Look for the Unlink button on your Apple TV.
- To link your devices, press and hold both the Menu and Right buttons for six seconds.
- Look for the Link button on your Apple TV.
Restart your Apple TV Remote
- Press and hold both the Volume Down and the Control Center or TV button for five seconds.
- After the Apple TV light flashes, release the buttons.
- A notification will appear on the screen indicating your Remote Connection is Lost.
- After 5 to 10 seconds, a notification will show indicating your Remote is Connected.
Update your Apple TV
- Launch the Settings menu.
- Go to System.
- Select Software Updates.
- Choose Update Software.
- Select Download and Install.
Contact Apple Support
- Launch any web browser and go to https://getsupport.apple.com/solutions.
- Scroll down and click the Call button to contact customer support.
If nothing works after following the methods above, you need to send your defective Apple TV remote for repair or have it replaced for a brand-new unit.
What did you do to fix the Apple TV remote issue? We love to hear your thoughts, so please write one for us below.
DON’T MISS: Find these offers on your Apple TV remote replacement at Amazon & Walmart!