So you just got a new phone. Whether it’s because your old one broke or you just wanted an upgrade, the process of transferring all your old data over can seem daunting. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! In this article, we’ll show you how to transfer and save your TikTok drafts so you don’t lose any of your hard work.
What Are TikTok Drafts?
TikTok drafts are videos that you start recording but don’t finish. They’re automatically saved to your phone, and you can access them at any time.
If you’re like most people, you’ve probably started a TikTok video but never finished it. Maybe you got busy and forgot about it, or maybe the timing just wasn’t right. Whatever the reason, unfinished videos can be frustrating—especially if you’re not sure where to find them on your phone.
That’s why we’re here to help!
How to Save a TikTok Video Draft on Your Mobile Device
If you don’t want to lose any of your hard work or wanted to share it to another TikTok creator, you can save your video drafts on your device. Here’s how:
- First, open the TikTok app on your Android phone or iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Next, tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
- From there, select “Settings” and then “Drafts.”
- Tap on “Save to Device” and your drafts will be saved!
Transferring TikTok App Drafts to a New Phone or Another iPhone or Account
The process of transferring TikTok video drafts to a new phone or account, another iPhone or the app on other mobile device you want to use, is pretty simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open the TikTok app on your old phone and go to the “Me” tab.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Drafts.”
- Tap on the “+” sign in the top right corner and select the videos you want to transfer.
- Once you’ve selected all of the videos you want to transfer, tap on “Export” in the top right corner.
- Finally, open the TikTok app on your new phone and go to the “Me” tab. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner and select “Import.”
How to Backup Your Video Content Drafts Safely on TikTok
The good news is that there is a way to save your content on TikTok so that you can access it later, even if you switch phones. Here’s how:
- First, open up the TikTok app and go to your profile page.
- Next, tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner and then select ‘Manage account’.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Backup and restore’.
- From here, you can choose to back up your content to iCloud or your phone. If you have an iPhone, we recommend choosing iCloud as it’s a more reliable option.
- Once you’ve selected where you want to back up your content, simply tap on ‘Back up now’ and TikTok will do the rest!
In short, if you don’t want to lose all your hard work on a TikTok video, make sure you back it up! There are a few ways to do this, so choose the one that’s best for you.