If you have a TiVO streaming device, you may have a collection of video recordings that you want to save for posterity or watch later. However, because TIVO devices have limited storage space, you may need to back up and transfer your recordings to an portable external hard drive or your personal computer (PC) to make room on your TIVO DVR recorder.
Transferring TIVO recordings to an external hard drive or PC for backup is a straightforward process that allows you to access your recordings on a variety of devices. This article will walk you through the steps necessary to move and store your TIVO library of recordings to an external hard drive device or Windows 10/11 PC.
TODAY’S DEALS: These Portable Hard Drives are on Sale at Amazon & Walmart!
We will also discuss some important considerations to keep in mind when transferring TIVO DVR recordings of live TV shows and programs. By the end of this article, you will have all the knowledge you need to transfer your TIVO recorded videos and play or access them on a wide range of devices.
How to Transfer & Store TIVO Video Recordings to Portable External Hard Drive or PC for Backup Purposes
- Connect your TIVO device to your home network using an Ethernet cable or a wireless adapter.
- Connect your external hard drive to your home network using a wireless adapter or by connecting it directly to your router.
- Access the TIVO Central menu on your TIVO device by pressing the “TIVO” button on your remote control.
- Select the “Messages and Settings” option, then choose the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Network Settings” option and make sure that your TIVO device is connected to your home network.
- Go back to the TIVO Central menu and select the “My Shows” option.
- Select the recordings you want to transfer and press the “Enter” button on your remote control.
- Choose the “Copy and Transfer” option, then select the destination for the recordings (i.e. the external hard drive or your PC).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transfer process.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can access the recordings on the external hard drive or your PC by using the TIVO Desktop software.
That’s it! Transferring TIVO video recordings to an external hard drive or PC is a simple process that can help you free up space on your TIVO device and ensure that your recorded movies and live TV shows are safe and secure. By following the steps outlined above, you can easily transfer your TIVO recordings and access them on your external hard drive or PC.
Considerations Before Transferring or Moving your TiVO DVR Recording Videos to a Hard Drive or Computer
It’s important to note that not all TIVO devices are capable of transferring recordings to an external hard drive or PC, and not all external hard drives are compatible with TIVO devices. Before attempting to transfer your recordings, it’s best to check the compatibility of your TIVO device and external hard drive.
In order to transfer recordings, you may also need to connect your TIVO device and an external hard drive to your home network. Depending on your devices’ capabilities, you can do this with an Ethernet cable or a wireless adapter.
Overall, transferring TIVO recordings to an portable hard drive or PC is a simple and convenient way to access your recordings on multiple devices while also ensuring their safety and security. You can easily transfer your TIVO recordings and watch them on a variety of devices by following the steps outlined in this article.
DON’T MISS: Select external hard drive devices are on sale at Amazon & Walmart!