When viewing content on a smart TV, there’s a feature that allows you to avoid any static background sounds from ruining the experience. That feature is known as Noise Reduction and it’s a very efficient way to view low-resolution videos on a TV that is capable of viewing better and higher quality picture content.
Sometimes though, you’re going to be faced with a smart TV device that refuses to deliver the best sound and image quality. If you’re on this page, you’ve likely figured out that you’re dealing with a limitation from the standard Noise Reduction feature.
When you have this feature turned on while watching high definition quality video content such as 4K UHD, you can lose some of the detail, resulting in a video that does not appear to be visually appealing. To curb this problem, we’ve created this guide that can help you change, remove, and disable the picture feature on your Smart TV.
How to turn off & disable Noise Reduction filter feature on your smart TV device
The process behind removing and disabling the feature that helps reduce picture noise is something that isn’t too difficult. We’ve got some specific TV models included in this guide in case you might be in need of a guide that pertains to your Smart TV device. However, the first set of steps below should be enough to help you figure out the process required to turn off and disable this feature.
How to find and disable Noise Reduction on your TV
- Go to the Settings menu on your Smart TV (you should be able to access it from the Settings button on your remote, or by pressing a gear cog icon)
- Go to your Picture Settings
- Find the setting that says Noise Reduction (try finding Advanced or Expert settings if you don’t see it here)
- If you see two Noise Reduction options such as Dynamic/Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) and MPEG Noise Reduction, you should prioritize reducing the DNR by choosing its lowest setting or turning it off. You can still choose to turn off the other type of Noise Reduction if you want.
- Exit the Settings page and enjoy a pleasant viewing experience
Disabling Digital Noise Filter on Samsung Smart TV
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV, head to the Menu and open it
- Select Picture and press your Enter key
- Now, you’ll need to press the down arrow key and go to Picture Options
- Press Enter
- Select Digital Noise Filter and press Enter
TODAY’S DEALS: Check out these amazing offers on Samsung Smart TVs at Amazon, Walmart & Samsung.com!
How to turn off Noise Reduction feature for your LG Smart TV
- Use your LG smart TV remote control to navigate to the grey icon with three vertical dots
- You should now be on the Picture menu, which gives you access to Picture Mode Settings
- You can now adjust Noise Reduction in the Picture Options Setting
- Take it down to Low and enjoy a better viewing experience
LATEST DEALS: Limited-time offers on the newest model of LG OLED smart TVs at Amazon, Walmart & LG.com!
Wrapping it up
Now, you should be able to navigate your way through your Smart TV settings and figure out how to disable the noise reduction feature on your device successfully. These steps should work fine with most Smart TVs available today.