Encountering issues is sometimes inevitable when watching on our smart TVs. Your WiFi connectivity may be acting up, or the TV freezes or crashes randomly. It happens to all Smart TV brands, including Philips.
One of the many ways to troubleshoot problems on your Philips smart TV is to install the latest firmware or device software update. Most software updates have fixes integrated by the manufacturer to resolve bugs and errors from the previous version. All you have to do is download and install them as they become available for your device.
Aside from the bug fixes on your Philips Smart TV, keeping the firmware up to date can improve its performance and enhance its functionality. Most upgrades include improvements on tools to maximize the capacity of your smart TV.
Ways to Download & Install Firmware or Device Software Updates on Philips Smart TV
You can automatically update the device software of your Philips smart TV. However, if your TV does not download and install the new firmware version, you also have the option to do it manually. You will need to download and install the update via USB.
How to Automatically Install Firmware Update on Philips Smart TV
- Make sure to connect your Philips smart TV to the Internet.
- Navigate to the Home screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update Now.
- Once an update is available, install it on your Philips smart TV.
- You will know if the update is complete after your TV reboots.
How to Manually Install Device Software Updates on Philips Smart TV
- You will need to know first the current version of your Philips smart TV.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Choose Firmware Information.
- Now, note the current firmware version.
- Next, open any browser and go to the Phillips support page.
- Enter your Smart TV model.
- Look for the latest firmware version and compare it with your current data. If the firmware version on the website is more recent than your current information, download it on your USB.
- After downloading the file, unzip it on your USB drive.
- Plug your USB drive into your smart TV.
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Once done, your Philips smart TV will restart.
How did you update the firmware of your Philips smart TV? We would love to hear from you through the comment section below.