If you want to access DirecTV and watch TV channels, shows, or movies on your Microsoft Windows laptop or desktop computer, you can download and install the DirecTV player. Unfortunately, some users complained that the app is not working on their Windows 10/11 PC. They cannot install or login to the app, it got stuck, or the video continues to buffer and not play at all.
Experiencing the same problem can be frustrating. However, you can try to fix the app streaming issue by following the different solutions we have indicated below.
Troubleshooting DirecTV Player App Not Working or Buffering on Windows 10/11 Computer
Since there can be different reasons why your DirecTV player is not working on your Windows 10/11 PC, you can try to do each of the solutions below one at a time. See if it works for you or not. If not, continue to try the rest of the methods.
Reboot your Windows 10/11 PC
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Power button.
- Select Restart.
- Wait for your computer to reboot.
- Relaunch the DirecTV player.
Close other Opened Tabs
Sometimes, multiple tabs can cause errors when streaming online. You can bookmark existing tabs before you close them or copy and paste the address on a notepad. That way, you can access them again after streaming on DirecTV.
Remove the Cookies on your Windows 10/11 PC
- Launch the Settings menu of your computer.
- Head over to Privacy and Security.
- Click Cookies and other site data.
- Delete Cookies.
- Next, go to Clear browsing data.
- Set the Time Range to All Time.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data.
- Click Clear Data.
Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your browser.
- Look for the History, Clear Browsing Data, or Privacy section.
- Clear the History, Cache, Cookies, and Data.
Set the Correct Time and Date on your Windows 10/11 PC
- Open the Settings menu of your Windows 10/11 PC.
- Select Time & Language.
- Go to Date and Time.
- Check if the time and date are correct.
- If not, uncheck the automatic option.
- Manually input the correct time and date.
- Save the changes.
Use a Different Browser
Try to use a new browser to stream on DirecTV and check if it works. If it does, you can reinstall the previous browser and try again there.
Disable the Antivirus Protection Temporarily
- On the Search box, enter Windows Defender.
- Select Windows Security.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Choose Manage Settings.
- Look for Real-time protection and select Off.
Do you have other solutions to fix the DirecTV streaming app error on Windows PC? You can share them with us below in the comment section.