Kanopy offers a hub of educational documentaries and indie films for your streaming pleasure. If you want to stray away from mainstream titles, you can get the best from Kanopy. There are also classic movies that you can revisit when you want to feel nostalgic.
But, some errors keep users from enjoying the streaming experience on the Kanopy app, channel, or web version. A video that keeps on buffering and stopping with freezing issues only lags the time that we want to spend watching. Poor and not clear video quality can be frustrating when we expect the best watching experience. If Kanopy is not streaming or won’t play at all, it will only add up to your disappointment.
Still, we can do something about it with a few tricks that will help troubleshoot the Kanopy video playback issues. You can follow the methods below to know how you can resolve the Kanopy streaming problems.
Steps to Troubleshoot & Fix Kanopy App or Website Buffering, Poor Video Quality, & Won’t Stream Problems
Constant video playback issues on the Kanopy streaming app, channel, or website happens to a lot of people. Annoying as they are, these errors are inevitable. But, you can try to troubleshoot the root cause of the problem and resolve them by following the solutions below.
Restart your Streaming Device
It helps if you do a quick reboot of your device to refresh your connection and processes. Exit the Kanopy app and shut down your device. Wait for at least 1 minute before turning it back on and relaunching Kanopy.
Check your Internet Network Connection
Your WiFi Internet signal may be poor. You can do a connection speed test to verify it. If you have a weak network speed, you can improve it by elevating your router or placing your device next to it. You can also perform a power cycle method on your network devices.
- Turn off your device and unplug your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 1 minute before plugging them back in.
- Connect to the Internet and turn on your device.
- Relaunch Kanopy and check if it works.
Update your Kanopy App
- Go to the Google Play Store on Android or the Apple App Store on iOS device.
- Look for Kanopy and check if there are available updates.
- Install them and restart your device.
- If you are using a browser to stream on Kanopy, you can update your browser to the latest version.
Clear the Kanopy App Cache on your Streaming Device
- Launch the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Go to Apps.
- Select Kanopy.
- Choose Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- For iOS devices, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
Which of the methods above helped you fix the Kanopy freezing, buffering, and poor video quality issue? We would love to know what works, so please drop us a comment below.