Netflix allows you to download your favorite titles for offline viewing. But, there are times when you encounter problems that prevent you from watching downloaded TV shows or movies on your device. One concrete example of this issue is the downloads on too many devices error.
If you experience the same streaming issue on your Netflix account, you will see the error message,
“You have downloads on too many devices. Please remove downloads from another device, or go to netflix.com/changeplan for plan options. (10016-23000)”
It can simply mean that you have already downloaded titles and offline content on many devices and reached the limit as allowable by your current plan.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix “You Have Downloads on Too Many Devices” Error on Netflix
It is frustrating to see an error when you try to download movies or TV show episodes on your Netflix app. But, you can try to fix the problem by following one of the solutions and workarounds below before removing your devices or upgrading your Netflix account.
Delete Downloaded Titles on your Device
We have a detailed guide on how to remove your Netflix downloaded titles from your device here. But, you can also follow these steps to get started.
- To delete a single title, head over to the Downloads or My Downloads section.
- Tap the Edit button. If you want to delete a TV show episode, open the TV show title first.
- Now, select the title that you want to remove.
- Tap the red X icon or the Delete icon.
- If you want to delete all downloaded titles, tap or click the More button or the three-dotted icon.
- Go to Settings or App Settings.
- Navigate to Downloads.
- Select Delete All Downloads.
- Tap or click OK or Delete.
Remove your Device from Netflix
You can manage your devices and remove a device on Netflix via the Netflix website or the mobile app.
On The Netflix Website
- To remove a device on Netflix via the website, launch any web browser and go to netflix.com.
- Login to your account.
- Select your profile.
- On the top right corner, click your avatar.
- Select Account.
- Go to Settings.
- Click manage download devices.
- Look for the device you want to remove.
- Click the Remove device button.
On Your Netflix Mobile App
- To remove a device via the Netflix mobile app, launch the Netflix app.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap the More button.
- Choose Account.
- Select Manage download devices.
- Look for the device you want to remove and tap the Remove device button.
Change your Current Netflix Streaming Plan
Netflix offers various streaming subscription plans to cater different needs of its users. You can upgrade or downgrade your current Netflix membership plan at any time. There are three Netflix plans: Basic, Standard, and Premium. All plans allow you access to unlimited TV shows, movies, and mobile games. You can also stream on your TV, phone, tablet, or laptop.
The Basic Netflix plan includes only one device to watch simultaneously and only one device available for downloads. It costs $9.99 per month. If you want to access HD titles, you can upgrade to the Standard plan for only $15.49 per month. It includes two devices for simultaneous watching and offline downloads.
The Premium plan upgrades the offline downloads and simultaneous watching to up to 4 devices. It also includes Ultra HD titles for only $19.99 per month.
- To change your Netflix plan, go to netflix.com/changeplan on any web browser.
- Log in to your Netflix account.
- Select your new plan.
- Process your payment.
- You can also navigate to the Settings menu of your Netflix account.
- Select Change Plan.
- Select your new plan and process your payment.
Did any of the solutions above work in fixing the download device limitations issue on your Netflix account? We would love to hear from you, so please write to us below.