Who says you cannot watch anime in English dubs? Funimation is making it possible for you! If you are an anime fanatic and want to binge-watch classic series, Funimation will give you more than 13,000 hours of episodes and movies.
Sony owns Funimation in the US. It primarily dubs anime films and series from Japan into the English language. Aside from its classic content, viewers can also discover new shows. However, if you enjoy the original Japanese version with subs, Funimation got you covered as well.
Funimation is available for free or for a monthly subscription fee. There is a free tier for users who want to enjoy the services for free but with limited access to content. Anime shows and movies will have ad interruptions, not to mention a lower video resolution.
To get the best out of Funimation content, you can subscribe to its Premium, Premium Plus, and Premium Ultra plans.
Funimation Subscription Plans and Prices
Let’s discuss what you can get out of the different Funimation paid streaming subscription plans and their costs.
- Premium Plan – Users can enjoy both dubbed and subbed content with no ad interruption. You get access to the entire library and stream simultaneously on two screens. Price is $5.99 monthly or $59.99 yearly.
- Premium Plus Plan – Users will have the same benefits with the Premium Plan and more. You can stream up to five screens simultaneously while enjoying offline viewing on your smartphones. You also have early access to sales from Funimation Shop, not to mention free shipping. Price is $7.99 monthly or $79.99 yearly.
- Premium Plus Ultra – Users will enjoy the perks of the Premium Plus Plan with two free rentals every year and an anniversary gift. Get it at $99.99 yearly.
You can sign up for Funimation Premium plan free trial here!
How to Download, Install & Watch Funimation App Shows on VIZIO SmartCast TV
VIZIO SmartCast TV users can stream the Funimation anime series through the Google Chromecast and Apple AirPlay. It is easy to cast or mirror the Funimation video content from your mobile device to your VIZIO TV by tapping the Cast button on your mobile device. But why bother the long way when you can watch Funimation directly on your VIZIO SmartCast TV?
Now, the Funimation app is available in the app row of your VIZIO SmartCast TV. Since VIZIO SmartCast automatically uploads available apps, you can easily find it on your home screen.
To download, install and use Funimation app on your VIZIO TV, first, you need to upgrade the device software or firmware on your VIZIO SmartCast TV. It will update your App library and make the new Funimation app appear on your SmartCast TV home screen.
Updating your VIZIO SmartCast TV
Your VIZIO SmartCast TV automatically updates its software when connecting to the Internet. But, you can also update it manually by following the steps below.
- On your remote control, press the V button.
- Go to System.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If your VIZIO SmartCast sees a new update, confirm the installation.
- Wait for your VIZIO TV to restart after installation. It will reboot twice to complete the process. Do not attempt to turn off your TV at any time.
Are you excited to stream on Funimation through the large vivid screen of your VIZIO TV? What anime series will you watch first? We would love to know your answer, so drop one for us below.
NO ACCOUNT YET? Sign up for Funimation Premium free trial now!