The software on Vizio SmartCast TV is being constantly updated with new features and security functionalities. Typically, your system will automatically update itself when a new version is available. However, if you have not set that up correctly, you are missing a lot.
Recent Vizio smart TVs enjoy the best features any reputable smart TV device should have in this day and age. The latest firmware updates make sure that you have a capable TV to keep up with today’s trends in streaming. What’s more, the upgrade is free and will always be. You just need to set it up properly so you can get the most out of it.
If you want better picture quality and added integration capabilities with your other home smart devices, then you should update your Vizio SmartCast TV now.
How to Update the Firmware on your Vizio SmartCast TV
Power Cycle and Connect your Vizio Smart TV to WiFi
The first thing you should do is switch the power off and on again on your Vizio smart TV. Once turned back on, there’s a good chance that you will be prompted to update your software when there is a new version available.
Just follow the instructions to download and install the latest firmware update from Vizio. If there is no automatic prompt, you might need to check the next method.
NEED A NEW TV? Check out these exclusive deals on VIZIO SmartCast TVs at Walmart!
Install Vizio TV Updates from the Settings Menu
You can manually check if a firmware update is available through the Settings menu on your Vizio SmartCast TV. Here’s how to do it.
- From your Vizio TV home screen, navigate to the Display Settings menu using your remote control.
- Scroll down and hit the System option in the resulting menu.
- To install the latest firmware update, select the “Check for updates” option.
- Select “Yes” when the confirmation prompt appears.
- Once confirmed, the system will now begin downloading the update to your Vizio TV.
- When the download is complete, the system will restart to install the update.
- To completely finish the new software update installation, another system restart is needed.
You can also check the version number of your current firmware in the System menu through the System Information option.
That’s it! The process is pretty simple but it will give you a new experience with your Vizio SmartCast TV without buying a new one. Make sure to keep your TV’s software up-to-date to enjoy the latest offerings from Vizio.
Were you able to update your Vizio smart TV successfully? Or did you encounter any problem downloading and installing the new updates? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
DON’T MISS: Amazon has awesome offers on the latest VIZIO SmartCast TV models!