The Roku Channel is more than just a home to free and premium TV viewing experience. Now, you can add even more streaming channels like Discovery Plus to expand your entertainment options and make your nights more memorable, fun, and exciting.
Discovery+ gives you thousands of titles to choose from including top-rated TV shows and movies. You can find content in various genres like crime, comedy, romance, horror, documentary, action, drama, and family. There are also documentaries, sports, mystery, history, reality TV, and science fiction. To top it all off, you can even buy or rent movies.
With the addition of Discovery Plus add-on channel on The Roku Channel, it is easier to access all your favorite shows in one place. It is even more convenient to manage all your streaming bills and never forget to pay them.
How to Subscribe & Add Discovery Plus Through The Roku Channel via Web Browser
Discovery+ offers two types of streaming plans. If you do not want to spend more on your membership and can tolerate ads, you can sign up for the basic plan at $4.99 per month. Otherwise, you can skip the ads and pay a higher monthly fee of $6.99 per month.
Signing up on Discovery Plus will give you a 7-day free trial. You can subscribe to a streaming plan through The Roku Channel. Here’s how to setup and activate the Discovery+ channel on your Roku player using a web browser.
- First, launch The Roku Channel website on any web browser.
- Login to your account.
- Look for the Discovery+ app. You can also go to the Search bar and enter Discovery+.
- Select the Discovery Plus app to open the app details page.
- Decide on which Discovery+ plan you want to sign up for.
- Click Get this plan.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Now, enter your payment details and process the payment.
How to Install & Get Discovery Plus via The Roku Channel on your Roku Device
If you opt to add Discovery Plus app via your Roku device instead of the website, you can go to your smart TV directly and navigate through the Roku interface.
- Go to your Roku home screen.
- Select Streaming Channels.
- Head over to the Roku Channel Store.
- Look for Discovery Plus and select the app to open the page details.
- Highlight and select Add channel.
- Press OK.
- Highlight and select Start 7-day Free Trial.
- Enter your Roku PIN.
Some of the popular titles on Discovery Plus are Hell’s Kitchen, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, 90 Day Fiancé, The Blue Planet, Fixer Upper Rewatch, Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal, Ancient Aliens, Mythbusters, and River Monsters.
What TV shows and movies are you excited to stream on Discovery Plus though your Roku player? We love to hear your story! You can share them with us in the comment section below.