You’ve probably heard of Silk Browser before. It’s the default web browser app that comes installed on Amazon Fire TV Stick. While it’s not a bad browser, there are a few things that might make you want to uninstall it and delete or remove it to use a different browser application instead. In this article, we’ll show you how to uninstall Silk browser on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
What is the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a digital media player that lets you stream content from services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime Video. It also gives you access to a wide range of games and apps.
The Fire TV Stick is a great option if you want to watch content on your TV, but don’t want to bother with cable or satellite. It’s also portable, so you can take it with you on trips.
How to Access & Uninstall Silk Browser App on the Amazon Fire Stick or Firestick Device
- From the home screen, select Settings.
- Scroll down and select Applications.
- Select Manage Installed Applications.
- Locate Silk Browser and select it.
- Select Uninstall and then confirm your selection.
You’ll be asked to confirm your decision to uninstall Silk Browser. If you’re sure, select Uninstall again to complete the process.
Best Alternatives to Uninstalling the Silk Browser on Fire TV
There are a few alternatives to uninstalling Silk Browser on your Fire TV that you may want to consider.
- The first option is to simply disable the Silk Browser. This will prevent it from being used, but it will still be installed on your device. To disable the Silk Browser, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select Silk Browser from the list of installed applications and select Disable.
- Uninstall any updates that have been installed for the Silk Browser. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select Silk Browser from the list of installed applications and select Uninstall Updates.
- Clear the data and cache for the Silk Browser. This will reset the browser to its default state. To do this, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Select Silk Browser from the list of installed applications and select Clear Data/Cache.
Tips on Setting Up a New Default Web Browser for your Amazon Fire TV Device
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when you’re setting up a new default web browser for Fire TV. First, make sure that the browser you’re using is compatible with the Fire Stick device. Second, when you’re installing the browser app, be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Once you’ve done that, you should be all set! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help.
Wrapping it Up
You’ve decided you don’t want in-built Silk browser app on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick streaming player. That’s understandable—everybody has different needs and wants. Here’s how you can uninstall Silk Browser on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
First, go to the Home screen on your Amazon Fire Stick. Next, use your remote control device to select Settings. Then, select Applications. Finally, select Manage Installed Applications.
You should now see a list of all the applications installed on your Fire TV Stick. Scroll down until you find Silk Browser, and then select it.
You should now see a list of options for Silk Browser. Select Uninstall, and then confirm your choice. Silk Browser will now be uninstalled from your Amazon FireStick.
DON’T MISS: Latest Fire TV Stick offers at Amazon today!