AirPods communicate with other devices via Bluetooth, and you can also do so with Nintendo Switch so you can use it even while on the go. While Switch originally didn’t have the ability to use AirPods and other wireless Bluetooth headphones, Nintendo made the update to cater to the demand of its users.
If you want to make the most out of the effects and soundtrack of your favorite games, your AirPods must be connected to Switch.
Top Solutions to Fix Airpods Not Connecting to Nintendo Switch Error
Reboot your Nintendo Switch
If your Switch has been running for some time, there’s always the possibility that you will encounter a connectivity problem with its Bluetooth settings. A simple reboot of your Switch device can clear its cache and rectify the issue. Follow these steps to reboot your Nintendo Switch:
- Look for the power button of your device.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Tap on the power option.
- Restart your device.
After rebooting your Switch, proceed to its settings menu and look for Bluetooth Audio. Try reconnecting your Nintendo Switch and AirPods to see if it fixes the problem.
Perform a Hard Reset on your AirPods
You might also consider resetting your AirPods if you often have an issue connecting them with your Nintendo Switch. It doesn’t matter if it is a system-related issue or a glitch, a hard reset may be able to address the issue.
Here’s how to hard reset your AirPods:
- Check if there is enough charge in your AirPods.
- Place the AirPods in their charging case then close its lid.
- Wait for 20 to 30 seconds before you open the lid.
- Proceed to Settings and look for the Bluetooth option on your iPhone.
- Click the icon marked as i.
- Tap on Forget This Device.
- Get the case of your AirPods and press and hold its sync button and wait for the indicator light to flash orange, red, or amber three times until it blinks white.
Ensure that your Nintendo Switch Software is Updated
Your Nintendo Switch might also fail to connect or work with your AirPods if it’s not updated to the latest version. Failure to update your Switch might affect its settings, specifically the Bluetooth Audio option. Here’s what to do to update your Nintendo Switch:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you find the System option.
- Choose Software Update.
- Turn on the option Automatic Update.
- Download the latest firmware to update your Nintendo Switch.
The Bluetooth Audio option will already appear after you update your device. Once you see the option, you can proceed to pair your AirPods with Nintendo Switch.
AirPods and Nintendo Switch are two known devices for their intended uses and purposes. Being able to connect these two will help you enjoy both of them to the fullest.