You may want to unlink it from your Google account if you no longer use your Chromecast with Google TV.
This will ensure that your device is no longer associated with your personal data or preferences. Here’s how to unlink or remove Chromecast with Google TV from your Google account on the web or through the Google Home app on your mobile phone.
Unlink Chromecast with Google TV Device & Remove it from your Google Account through a Web Browser
If you have a Chromecast with Google TV streaming device at home and you want to unlink it from your Google account, there are a few steps you need to follow completely get rid and remove any traces of the device from your profile. Follow this guide:
- Click here to launch the Device Activity page on your Google account settings.
- Just see to it that you’re logged in to the same Google account you used with your Chromecast with Google TV device.
- Then, tap the three dots next to the Chromecast with the Google TV device
- Select “Unlink or remove account.”
- Finally, tap “Remove” to confirm that you want to unlink the device from your account.
How to Unregister a Chromecast Device Using the Google Home App
If you have a Chromecast with Google TV and you want to unlink it from your Google Account, there are a few steps you need to follow to unregister your device using the Google Home app on your mobile phone.
- First, open the Google Home app on your mobile device. After that, tap the Devices icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your device list and tap the Chromecast with Google TV that you want to unlink from your account. On the next screen, tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- On the Settings screen, scroll down to the bottom and tap Disconnect device. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to unlink the device from your account. Tap Disconnect to continue.
After following these steps, your Chromecast with Google TV will be unlinked from your account.
How can I Completely Remove Chromecast from my Android Device?
- First, open the Google Home app on your device and tap the Devices tab.
- Next to the Chromecast you want to remove, tap the three dots and then select Forget.
- After that, go to your phone’s settings and find the Accounts section.
- Select the account you used to set up your Chromecast, then tap More and Remove account.
- Finally, open the Google Play Store app on your device and uninstall any apps related to Chromecast or Google TV.
Doing all of these steps should completely remove Chromecast from any Android device you have.
When a TV that Uses Chromecast with Google TV is Turned Off, does it still consume my data?
When a user turns off their TV that is Chromecast with Google TV, the device will automatically go into sleep mode and stop using data.
However, if the user has not signed out of their account, the device will still be linked to their account and may continue to use data in the background. Users can prevent this by signing out of their account before turning off their Google TV device.
How Can I Reset my Google Chromecast Streaming Stick?
If you’re no longer using a Chromecast with Google TV or you’re giving it to someone else, you can unlink it from your Google Account. This will reset the device to its factory settings and make it ready for use of the new owner.
To factory reset your Chromecast with Google TV device, do these:
- On your TV screen where Chromecast with Google TV is connected, open the Settings menu and then scroll down to Devices.
- Select About.
- Scroll down to Reset Device and follow the prompts.
If you’ve decided that you no longer want to use Chromecast with Google TV, unlinking it from your Google account is a fairly simple process.
Once it’s unlinked, you’ll be free to set up Chromecast with another account if you so choose or sell it and give it away to someone else. We hope this article has been helpful in showing you how to unlink or remove Chromecast with Google TV from your Google account.