There are a lot of shows and movies to look forward to everyday when you want to stream online. However, not all titles are available for your viewing, especially if it has geo-restrictions enabled. That means you cannot watch all shows and movies on your streaming service if it is not available in your current region or country.
Good thing is, there are reliable VPN servers that you can use to access these geo-restricted content from different streaming platforms such as Netflix, Disney Plus, HBO Max, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Peacock, Paramount Plus, and Discovery Plus. Now, you can install NordVPN on your Android TV set-top box or smart TV device so you can have a wider streaming reach at your disposal.
What is NordVPN?
If you are familiar with VPN services, NordVPN is one of the popular providers online. It enables you to access geo-restricted content so you can stream apps as well as movies and TV show titles beyond your current location.
NordVPN offers protection when accessing apps and makes sure your data remains private. You can also anonymity online and on your streaming activities.
Installing NordVPN on your Android TV Set-Top Box or Smart TV
If you want to enjoy the benefits of unrestricted streaming while maintaining privacy, you can download and install the NordVPN app on your Android TV device. NordVPN works on Samsung, LG, TCL, HiSense, or Sony smart TVs as well as NVIDIA Shield TV plus other Android TV box and streamers.
But, first, you must sign up for a NordVPN subscription to get started. Simply, go to https://nordvpn.com/ and subscribe to any VPN service membership plan depending on your personal needs and preference.
Download and Install NordVPN App on Android TV through Google Play Store
- On your Android TV set-top box, launch Google Play Store.
- On the Search option, enter NordVPN.
- Install the app.
- To use it, open the NordVPN app on your Android TV.
- Login to your account.
- Now, you can activate NordVPN to enjoy its features.
- Choose the server you want to connect to, or click Connect Now to automatically connect to the most recommended server.
Manually Set up and Use NordVPN Service on Android TV Device via SmartDNS
If you cannot get and connect to NordVPN via Google Play Store on your Android TV set-top box, you can use the SmartDNS settings as an alternative. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings menu of your Android TV streaming media player.
- Go to Connections.
- Look for your current network.
- Click the Cog or Gear icon next to it.
- Select Advanced.
- Look for your IP settings. Change it to Static.
- Now, you will need to change the IP addresses on DNS1 and DNS2. You must get the current DNS on NordVPN settings on its website.
- Enter the new IP addresses.
- Save the changes.
NO ACCOUNT YET? NordVPN Offers up to 68% Off on 2-Year Deals!
Have you installed the NordVPN VPN service on your Android TV? How was your experience?