Cancelling your YouTube Premium Membership on iPhone, iPad and Android mobile devices isn’t rocket science but can be overwhelming. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. It’s effortless and can be completed in a few simple steps.
People, whatever the age group, may it be Gen-Z or Baby Boomers, has been paying huge attention to YouTube Premium, as it brings a wide variety of features. However, as more and more free online streaming websites are launching, some users might find it better to cancel their subscriptions.
However, some users might need help to cancel their YouTube Premium subscription from iPhone or iPad as well as Android tablet or phone. Read more to learn how.
How to Unsubscribe or Cancel YouTube Premium Membership Account on iPhone/iPad or iOS Devices
To cancel or end your YouTube Premium Membership using the iOS app on an iPhone/iPad device, follow these steps:
- Open your YouTube app and click on your profile picture.
- Tap “Paid Memberships”.
- Choose the membership you want to cancel.
- Tap the “Cancel membership” option and confirm.
You could cancel directly from your Apple account if you joined YouTube Premium using the iOS app with your Apple account. Here’s what you can do:
- Open your phone settings
- Tap your photo or name at the top of the list
- Tap Subscriptions. You should find your YouTube Premium subscription.
- Find your YouTube Premium subscription and click the arrow on the right to open it
- Tap Cancel subscription and confirm.
How to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription Plan on Android Devices
Cancelling or unsubscribing your YouTube Premium Membership on Android devices is similar to iOS. Here is the step-by-step process to cancel your streaming subscription plan:
- Launch the YouTube app on your Android device, then select your profile picture.
- Go to ‘Paid memberships’.
- Tap on the membership you want to cancel & select the ‘Cancel membership’ option
- Continue and confirm your cancellation.
- Select your reason for the cancellation and click next.
- Tap Yes, and you’re done!
You can also unsubscribe from Your Subscription through your Google Play Store.
1. Open the Google Play Store app and tap Menu – Account
2. Tap on Subscription & select YouTube Premium
3. Click “Cancel” and confirm to complete the cancellation process.
Once you have successfully cancelled your subscription, you will no longer be charged by YouTube for the services. Make sure to keep an eye on your billing statement in case of discrepancies. If this is the case, contact YouTube directly for a refund.
The cancellation process for YouTube Premium is easy and straightforward. This step is necessary if you wish to either stop your subscription’s automatic renewal or switch to a different streaming service.
We hope this guide has helped you determine how to cancel your subscription from iPhone/iPad or Android devices. It doesn’t require any vast knowledge or technical expertise, follow the steps mentioned above, and you’ll be done in no time. Remember, once you finish cancelling YouTube Premium, you’ll no longer be able to enjoy any of its features or content.
Contact YouTube’s customer service team for further assistance if you have questions or queries regarding YouTube Premium. They’re available 24/7! Or leave a comment below, and we’ll try to respond with an answer as soon as possible.