Is your Amazon Fire TV and Firestick streaming player remote not working? Users reported that the pointing device won’t pair or connect to your Fire TV. It may become a huge hassle not to use your remote control stick when you plan to binge-watch your favorite TV shows for the night. However, problems can happen when streaming, especially due to several factors with your device or the platform.
Good thing you can try to resolve the errors yourself. There are several ways you can troubleshoot and fix the issues on your Fire TV Stick or Firestick device remote control with only a few steps.
TODAY’S DEAL: Check out these amazing offers on Fire TV Stick devices at Amazon!
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix Common Amazon Fire TV and Firestick Remote Control Issues
You can find below the different solutions on how to resolve the problems with your Amazon Fire TV and Firestick remote. Fixing your Fire TV Stick or Firestick remote depends on the reasons why they are problematic and the solutions you do. You can try to follow each method one at a time and check if it fixes the error or not.
Check the Batteries on your Remote Control Device
If you haven’t changed the batteries on your Fire TV remote control for a long time, it may be the reason why you experience the issues. Check your batteries and see if there are signs of damage or wearing. You can change it to new ones and see if it works.
Check your Firestick and Fire TV Remote for Physical Damages
One of the reasons why your remote fails to work is due to a physical or external damage. You can check for any signs of damage or wearing on your remote. See also if your device does not light up or determine any signs of water damage.
Re-Pair your Firestick Remote
- You might need to pair your remote control to your Fire TV again. Here’s how to re-pair the Bluetooth connection to your streaming player.
- Press and hold the Home and Back buttons for 10 seconds. It will unpair your remote.
- Press and hold the Home and Back buttons again for 12 seconds to re-pair your remote.
Bring your Firestick Remote Closer to your Streaming Player
If you use your remote beyond 30 feet from your TV, it will likely not work. You need to be within 30 feet of your Fire TV for your remote to function properly.
Perform a Power Cycle on your Fire TV Devices
- Turn off your Fire TV or Firestick and unplug them from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes.
- Then, try to plug them back in and turn them on.
- Check if your remote is working.
Reset your Fire TV and Firestick Remote Control
- First, unplug your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV for at least 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the Menu, Back, and Left buttons on your remote simultaneously for at least 10 to 12 seconds.
- Release the buttons for at least five seconds.
- Remove the batteries from your remote.
- Plug in your Firestick or Fire TV and wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Put your batteries back on your remote.
- Now, press the Home button.
Contact Amazon Customer Service
You can call Amazon Customer Service at 1-888-280-4331 to ask for an assistance regarding your device concern. You can also go to https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway to get started.
Which method helped you fix your Fire TV and Firestick remote control pairing and functions not working issues? You can tell us in the comment section below.
DON’T MISS: Find the best deals on Fire TV Stick streaming players at Amazon right now!