People prefer binging on their media, and streaming services are critical to this. Paramount Plus is one of these services, and it’s been quite popular since it was introduced. With a plethora of exclusive content from the likes of CBS and Viacom, and high-quality video streaming, it’s a worthy contender to streaming giants like Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, and Netflix. This doesn’t mean it’s completely exempt from issues, however.
Recently, the community has found a new issue with Paramount+ subscribers. The AirPlay screen casting feature on Apple TV and the sound or audio output seem to be not working with Paramount Plus app. So, what can you do to alleviate this sound problem when it comes up on the Paramount+ app with AirPlay mirroring? Well, don’t worry; we’ve compiled a guide to follow that should help you get things up to speed again in no time.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Paramount+ Not Working with Audio or Sound Only Issues when Streaming through Apple AirPlay
Fixing Paramount Plus’ blank or black screen issues with only sound or audio heard is relatively simple. However, that doesn’t make it any less frustrating to deal with.
We’ll be guiding you through the process with detailed descriptions of what to do to troubleshoot the issue and fix it. If you follow all of these steps correctly and keep persevering, you’ll find yourself back to watching all your shows and movies on Paramount Plus in no time.
Update Software on Apple TV to the Latest Version
- Go to the settings menu in tvOS.
- Select “System” from the settings menu.
- Look for the Software Update function and select it.
- Your Apple TV will check for any available software updates.
- If there’s an update available for your device, then click update.
- Wait for your device to finish installing the update.
- Reboot your Apple TV.
- Test Paramount Plus to check if the issue persists.
Reinstall Paramount Plus App
- On your tvOS home screen, find the Paramount Plus app.
- Click and hold the trackpad on your Siri remote.
- When the option comes up, select to delete Paramount Plus.
- Now, go back to the App Store.
- Search for Paramount Plus and install it again.
- Open the application and log in as usual.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
Restart Your Apple TV Device
- Head to the settings menu from your home screen.
- Click on the system settings.
- Search for the restart option and click on it.
- Wait for your Apple TV to finish restarting.
- Launch Paramount Plus and check to see if the issue persists.
Reconnect Apple TV and your iPhone
- Disconnect your iOS device from your Apple TV.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure that your devices are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Open your iPhone’s control center.
- Click on the Screen Mirroring option.
- Connect to the Apple TV.
- Enter a password if needed.
- Try relaunching Paramount Plus to check if the issue persists.
That’s about it for this guide, if you’ve followed everything correctly, then Paramount Plus should be playing nicely with Apple Airplay mirroring tool once again. We hope this guide helped you with solving your issue, and for more guides and fixes like this, stay tuned and keep reading!