It is more fun to watch your favorite TV series on a widescreen like Philips smart TV. But, it can be frustrating when you start to stream and end up with no picture appearing on the screen, only the sound is working. You can see that there is something wrong when you hear the voices on the video playing without seeing anyone or anything.
For some users, there is only a black screen with no backlight coming from the LCD screen. All these happen while the audio still works. However, others report that it’s the other way around, there is a picture but without sound.
There are various reasons why you experience a no picture while hearing a sound error on Philips TV. Fortunately, you can try to troubleshoot and fix the problem even without yet identifying the cause of the error.
TODAY’S DEALS: Check out these limited-time offers on the latest Philips TVs at Amazon, Walmart or Philips.com!
How to Troubleshoot & Fix No Picture or Black Screen but with Sound Issue on Philips Smart TV
There are several workarounds and troubleshooting ways you can do to resolve the picture issue with your Philips TV. You can try to follow each of the solutions below one at a time and check if it fixes the smart TV audio and video error or not.
Try to Power Cycle your Devices
- To do a power cycle, turn off your Philips TV.
- Unplug your TV from the power outlet, including your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes before plugging them all back in and connecting to the Internet.
- Turn on your Philips TV and try again.
Check your TV Hardware
It can be a problem with the power cord or HDMI cable on your Philips smart TV. Make sure there are no loose or broken cords. You can try to switch to a different HDMI port or plug in to a different power outlet.
Make Sure to Connect to the Right Input Source on your Philips TV
- Press the Source button on your TV remote.
- Try to check each input source one at a time until you can find the correct one.
Perform a Hard Reset on your Philips Smart TV
- First, unplug the power cord from the outlet.
- Next, look for the Power button on your TV remote and press it for 30 seconds.
- Then, release the Power button and plug the power cord back in.
- Lastly, turn on your Philips TV.
Do you have other ideas on how to fix the no-picture problem on Philips smart TV devices? You can share them in the comment section below.
DON’T MISS: Amazing deals & irresistible offers on Philips Smart TVs at Amazon, Walmart & or Philips.com!