You’ve just been informed that you can’t subscribe to Apple Music because you are already a member. But you’re not—you’re not even sure how you got signed up in the first place! Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
Below are a few steps to help you fix the You’re already an Apple Music member error message on Apple devices. We’ll walk you through how to cancel your music streaming subscription and then sign up for Apple Music membership again. Let’s get started!
Reasons for You Are Already an Apple Music Member Problem on Apple Devices
When you try to sign up for an Apple Music account with your existing Apple ID and get the error message “You’re already an Apple Music member,” it can be confusing and frustrating.
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. This message can appear for some reasons, such as:
- You previously registered for an Apple Music trial
- You redeemed a Gift Card or code for Apple Music
- You’re part of a family plan
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix “You’re Already an Apple Music Member” Error Message
If you’re seeing the “You’re Already an Apple Music Member” Apple Music app error when trying to sign up for a new subscription, don’t worry—we’ve got you covered and you’re not alone. This is a common issue that a lot of people are experiencing.
- Try restarting your device. Sometimes, all it takes is a restart to clear up any issues and get you back on track.
- If that doesn’t work, try deleting the App Store app and then reinstalling it. This will force the App Store to reload, and sometimes that’s all it takes to clear up any glitches.
- Finally, if you’ve tried both of those things and you’re still getting the error, there’s one more thing you can try: signing out of your account and then signing back in. This will refresh your account information and hopefully fix the issue.
If you already have an account but you don’t remember your password, you can reset it by following these steps:
Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click “Forgot Password?” and follow the instructions.
- Enter the email address associated with your Apple Music account and click “Next.”
- Check your email for a message from Apple Music Support.
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
Use CashBack to Avoid the Error
If you’re trying to join Apple Music and you see the “You’re already an Apple Music member” error, it might be because you’re already part of the free three-month trial.
If that’s the case, you can try using a cashback site to sign up for a new account. This way, you’ll get a new Apple Music member ID, and you should be able to start your three-month trial without any problems.
This method is a pretty easy way to get around the error. Plus, you can usually get a little bit of money back from the cashback site, so it’s a win-win!
If you’re seeing the “You’re already an Apple Music member” error, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it. First, try signing out of your account and signing back in. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the app and reinstalling it. If you’re still having trouble, contact Apple Support.