Does your Microsoft Edge browser fail to play any YouTube video that you want to watch? Many people have their go-to browser where they keep many tabs open. Microsoft Edge is among the well-loved browsers due to its sleekness and ease of use. But, if YouTube videos do not work on it, you end up getting frustrated.
According to some users, they see a black screen after hitting the play button on a YouTube video. In some cases, the videos just keep on loading and not working at all. Some users cannot hear any sound coming from the YouTube content on the browser.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix YouTube Unable to Play Videos on Microsoft Edge Web Browser
YouTube opens a huge arena of online entertainment and information distribution. Not being able to play any video will make you miss out on what’s trending and happening in the online world. But, you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue by following the solutions below.
Switch to InPrivate Window on the Edge Browser
- On your MS Edge web browser, click the three-dotted icon.
- Select New InPrivate window.
- Now, enter YouTube and search for any video to play.
Clear Microsoft Edge Browser Cache
- On your Edge browser, click the three-dotted icon.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy, Search, and Services.
- Go to the Clear browsing data now section.
- Click Choose what to clear.
- Set the Time Range to All Time.
- Check the box next to Browsing history, Cookies, and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear Now.
- Restart your Microsoft Edge browser.
Turn Off Browser Extensions on Microsoft Edge
- Click the three-dotted icon on your browser.
- Select Extensions.
- Click Manage extension.
- Look for any suspicious extension that may be the reason for the YouTube error and toggle the button off.
Reset the Flags in your Microsoft Edge Browser
- On the address bar of your Edge browser, enter about:flags.
- Look for the Reset All button and click it.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Microsoft Edge Settings
- Click the three-dotted icon and go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Look for the Use hardware acceleration when available option and toggle the button to off.
- Restart your Edge browser.
Reset your Microsoft Edge Browser to Default Settings
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your Edge browser.
- Go to Reset Settings.
- Choose Restore settings to their default values.
- Relaunch Microsoft Edge.
Turn Off Windows Defender SmartScreen
- Launch the Settings menu of your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Go to Privacy, Search, and Services.
- Navigate to the Security section.
- Look for the Microsoft Defender SmartScreen option and toggle the button to off.
Which of the solutions above helped you fix the YouTube error when playing videos on the Microsoft Edge chromium browser? We love to know what works, so please write a comment below.