There are so many apps and games that you can install on your Android TV by Toshiba and Sony. As long as it fits your storage drive, you can download and install more apps to enjoy better entertainment options.
Installing regular apps on your Toshiba and Sony Android Smart TV only takes a few steps. All you have to do is access the app store section of your smart TV. Search for the app that you want to download and click the Install button.
But what if you want to install and add an app to your list that is not found on the Google Play Store? Can you install 3rd party apps to your Toshiba and Sony Android TV? Yes, you can do so by sideloading the apps to your smart TV.
Sideloading apps means that you will install apps to your Toshiba and Sony Android TV not available or outside of the Smart TV system. You will need to access other sources beyond the Google Play Store.
How to Sideload, Add & Install Third-Party Streaming Apps on Toshiba & Sony Android TV
While sideloading apps is possible on your Android TV, it can be risky if you don’t use a trusted source. Note that the source where you will download the streaming app is reliable to avoid damage or harm to your Toshiba and Sony Android Smart TV.
Enable Unknown Sources Settings
Before you start to sideload and add apps to your Toshiba and Sony streaming device, you need to allow permission on your smart TV first.
- Navigate to the Settings menu of your Toshiba or Sony Android TV.
- Go to Security and Restricted Options.
- Look for Unknown Sources and turn it On.
Download Sideload Launcher App
Now that you have enabled the permission on Unknown Sources settings on your TV, you need to download the Sideload Launcher-Android TV and the File Manager App.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Look for Sideload Launcher-Android TV and install it.
- Do the same for the File Manager app.
Download the App APK from Safe & Legitimate Sources
After setting up the apps on your smart TV, you will need the APK file of the app you want to install to add to your Toshiba or Sony Android TV. Make sure that you only use legitimate and secure sources to avoid any issues later on.
- Look for the APK file of your app on your browser.
- Install it on your computer and copy it to your USB.
- Insert the USB to your smart TV and open the file on your File Manager.
- Now, you can install it.
- To open the app, launch it via the Sideload Launcher-Android TV.
What third-party apps do you want to install on your Toshiba or Sony Android TV? You can share them with us in the comment section below.