VPN server encryption will help conceal your private information online. It creates a new and different IP address so websites will not identify you. VPNs are ideal if you want to stay protected when you access the web.
The same works when you are streaming TV shows and movies using your Amazon Fire TV Stick device. You can install a VPN app to use when you need to access geo-restricted content or you simply want to stream anonymously. Since VPN lets you use a different IP address, it may allow you to use servers from other locations. One example of a good VPN service provider is Private Internet Access (PIA).
How to Download & Install PIA VPN App Client on your Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick 4K Device
If you are settled to use the PIA VPN service on your smart TV connected to the Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick 4K streaming device, you can easily download and install the VPN client using this guide.
However, it may not be the same process as installing regular apps on your Firestick. PIA VPN does not have a native Fire TV application that you can download directly from the Amazon app store. You will need to manually download and get the official APK file from the PIA VPN website. Then, you can install it on your streaming player via the Downloader app. That being said, you need to install the Downloader app from the Amazon app store first.
TODAY’S DEALS ON: Amazon Fire TV Stick & Firestick 4K
Get and Install the Downloader App on your Amazon Fire TV Stick through Amazon App Store
The Downloader Android app can easily be found and installed through the Amazon app store. First, you will need to make sure that you allow Amazon Fire TV to download and install apps from unknown sources.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Click My Fire TV.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Choose Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Select Turn On.
Now that you have given permission to download the app files, you can install the Downloader app.
- On the Search option of your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick 4K, enter Downloader.
- Click the Downloader app from the search results.
- Select Download.
- After installing the app, click Open.
- Select Allow and click OK.
How to Download & Install PIA VPN App on Amazon Fire TV Stick or Firestick 4K via Downloader App
After installing the Downloader app, you can now download the PIA VPN app client from the official PIA website.
- Launch the Downloader app.
- Look for the entry box and enter https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/installer/download_installer_android.
- Click the Go button.
- Click Install.
Connecting your PIA VPN App to Amazon Fire TV Stick
Once you have installed the PIA VPN app successfully on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can log in to your account and start using it. If you are not subscribed yet, you can sign up for a Private Internet Access VPN account here.
- Open the PIA VPN app on your Amazon Firestick device.
- Click Done after reading the quick summary of the feature.
- Click OK after reading the warning prompt message.
- Select OK again.
- Login to your username and password on PIA.
- Click Login.
- Now, you will need to click the slider to create a connection between your PIA and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- The connection is done when you see the slider moving to the right and turning green.
That’s it! You can follow the methods to download and install the PIA VPN app anytime you want on your Amazon Fire TV and Firestick devices.
What are your reasons for choosing the PIA VPN client for your Amazon Firestick? We value your opinion, and we love to hear them. You can write to us in the comments below.