Music can set the mood in any place. If you are chatting with your friends or game buddies on Discord, you can create a better ambiance with your favorite tunes playing along in the background. Now, Discord allows you to create and host a Spotify listening party through the Listen Along feature. You can invite your group of friends to join the music party on any Discord server.
Read on to learn how to host and share your own Spotify listening party on Discord.
How to Connect Spotify Premium to your Discord Account
Before you can begin to enjoy listening to music with someone else at the same time using the Spotify Listen Along feature on Discord, you need to link your Spotify Premium account first. Here’s how to do it:
- On your mobile device, open the Discord app.
- Go to the bottom and select the Gear icon.
- Select Connections.
- Click/Tap the Spotify icon.
- A new browser window will open.
- Sign in to your Spotify Premium account.
- After you see the confirmation message, go back to the Discord app.
- Go back to the Connections option.
- Look for your Spotify account.
- Go to Display on profile. Toggle the button next to it to Enable.
How to Create & Host a Music Listening Party on Discord with Friends using Spotify Listen Along Feature
After linking your Spotify Premium account to Discord, you can now start hosting a Spotify group listening party with your friends. You can either create a new server to share with your new friends or use an existing one for the Spotify music streaming party.
- First, launch the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Look for any song or playlist on Spotify that you want to listen to on your Discord server.
- Now, go to your Discord app.
- Choose the server where you want to host the Spotify listening party.
- On the plus sign, you will see the Green Play Icon. It means you can begin your Spotify listening party.
- Click the Green Play icon.
- Select Invite to Listen to Spotify.
- A new window will appear.
- Click Send Invite.
- It will then send an invitation to all Spotify Premium users on your Discord server.
Anytime you want to listen to a new song with your friends or reminisce your old favorite music, you can do so using Discord. Some things to keep in mind, you cannot use the Listen Along feature to host your Spotify group listening party on Discord when voice chatting. Lastly, this feature is only available to Spotify Premium users, so free users cannot enjoy it. To invite your friends to Listen Along, they also need to have Spotify Premium or they will get an error when joining through your invitation link.