TikTok is a fun and easy-to-use video app that lets you create short videos and share them with the world. It can be a great way to connect with friends, family, and others who love creating and streaming short videos.
However, one of the common problems TikTok users face is that they can’t get their two-factor authention (2FA) or 2-step verification code because it fails or isn’t received when logging in on their mobile device. In this article, we will tell you how to fix this problem if TikTok is not sending your 2FA code with simple methods so that you can enjoy using app on your phone without any issues!
How to Troubleshoot the Issue & Fix TikTok App Verification Code Failed or Not Received Error on your Phone
Check Your Network Connections
To make sure your phone’s network connections are working properly, you need to check the following on your mobile device:
- Make sure that you’re connected to the internet. The TikTok app can only verify codes when you are connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data. If you aren’t connected and trying to verify a code, it won’t work, even if it appears as though there’s an error message.
- Check that you have enough storage space on your phone. Some devices require more storage space than others in order to use certain apps (such as music players), so be sure this isn’t an issue with yours before proceeding with these steps.
- Verify that you have enough battery power in order for the verification process itself not consume too much energy while running in the background of your device while still allowing time for other tasks like texting friends or checking emails on occasion without draining completely from one day onto another!
Restart the TikTok App
You can also try restarting the app.
- On iOS: Swipe up from the bottom edge of your screen to open Control Center, then tap and hold on the TikTok icon until it starts to jiggle, then tap “Restart” in the lower-right corner.
- On Android: Press and hold down on any blank spot on your phone’s home screen for at least 10 seconds until all apps start jiggling; then open settings (the gear icon) > Apps & notifications > See all Xxx_apps & notifications > TikTok Verification Code Failed or Not Received – Tap Force Stop, Clear Cache/Data Restart.
- On Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or right click Start menu — Search for Task Manager — Select “Performance Information & Tools” tab — Click on “Resource Monitor” button at bottom left corner of window; find an app called “TikTok Verification Code Failed or Not Received” which seems to be taking up a lot of RAM (memory). Right click this program name and select End Task from dropdown list if it doesn’t close after normal reboot process as mentioned above steps are followed correctly but still not working for you?
Restart Your Mobile Phone
In this case, the problem is likely caused by an issue with your phone’s data connection. To fix it, you’ll need to reboot your device and then try again.
To restart your phone, hold down the power button for 10 seconds until you see a confirmation screen telling you that “Power On”. Wait for your phone to reboot and then attempt to verify again.
Disable Receive Notification of Emails and Messages
In addition to the above, you can also turn off notifications for emails and messages. Follow these steps:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings menu.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down until you see an option called “TikTok Verification Code Failed” or “TikTok Account Verification Code Not Received” and tap it.
- Turn off the switch in front of Email/Message so that it won’t keep sending alerts anymore, then tap Save when prompted to confirm your changes
Change Your Phone Number
If you’re still having trouble with your TikTok verification code failed or not received, try changing your phone number.
- Go to the “Settings” section of the app and click on “Profile & Settings.”
- Select “Edit My Profile.”
- Click on the drop-down menu next to your username and select “Change Phone Number.”
In order for this method to work, you must wait for an email from TikTok with a new confirmation code before trying again.
Finally, if you have followed all the above methods, it will surely solve your problem. We hope that this article has helped you to fix the TikTok verification code failed or not received issue with ease and convenience.