There are more mature contents on YouTube that most parents and schools do not want their kids to access. YouTube has the Restricted Mode option that allows network administrators and parents to block out sensitive video content when children use their network. While it may be an important and helpful tool, it does not always work for everyone.
If you used the Internet connection on your school or library, you may notice that you cannot see some videos on YouTube. That is because administrators in your school may have enabled the YouTube Restricted Mode. YouTube will show you the following error message, “Some results have been removed because Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator“.
However, if you don’t want any restrictions on your YouTube, there are ways to turn them off. Here’s how you can do it if you are streaming YouTube through your Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10 PC.
How to Enable/Disable YouTube Restricted Mode in Microsoft Edge Browser on Windows 10
Below are two methods that will allow you to disable or enable YouTube Restricted Mode easily on your Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10 computer. Follow each step below.
Method #1 – Turn On or Off Restricted Mode Via YouTube Website on Edge Browser
- On your Microsoft Edge browser on PC or Mac, go to https://www.youtube.com/.
- Login to your Google account.
- On the upper right corner, click on your profile.
- Scroll down to the Restricted Mode option and click it.
- Look for Activate Restricted Mode. Toggle it to Blue to Enable or Grey to Disable it.
- However, if you cannot toggle the option, click Unlock Restricted Mode on this browser.
- Enter your YouTube password.
Method #2 – Download and Edit Microsoft Edge Group Policy Files
- Launch your Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10 PC.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/download.
- Look for your Microsoft Edge version.
- Click the Get Policy Files button.
- Extract the files after downloading.
- Now, go to the extracted files.
- Go to MicrosoftEdgePolicyTemplates\windows\admx.
- Look for msedge.admx and msedge.adml. Copy both files.
- On a new tab, open the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions.
- Paste both files.
- Now, launch the Run dialog box.
- Enter gpedit.msc.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Microsoft Edge\.
- Look for Force minimum YouTube Restricted Mode and double click it to open a new window.
- Select Enabled instead of Not Configured.
- Under the Options section, you may also choose to turn on/off the restricted mode.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Were you able to disable or enable the YouTube Restricted Mode on Windows 10 through Microsoft Edge browser? Which of the two methods above worked for you? We value your opinion! You can share them with us below.