Being a dedicated Verizon Fios user and a tech enthusiast, I have encountered my fair share of issues with their services over the years. Recently, I stumbled upon an error code while using the Fios TV app – the dreaded 9-6-25-653-015 and 9-6-13-806-106.
Feeling frustrated, I decided to dig deep into the mobile app issue and find a solution. In this article, I’ll share my personal experience and guide you through fixing these pesky Fios TV error codes so you can enjoy your favorite content on the go.
Best Ways to Troubleshoot Fios TV Mobile App Error Code 9-6-25-653-015 or 9-6-13-806-106
Check for Fios TV Mobile App Updates
The first course of action when encountering any error code is to ensure you are using the latest Fios TV Mobile App version. Developers regularly release updates to address bugs and enhance performance.
Launch your respective app store, whether it’s Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and search for the Fios TV Mobile App. If an update is available, click on the “Update” button, and once installed, try launching the app again.
Restart Your Mobile Device
While it may sound cliché, simply restarting your device can often resolve unexpected app issues. Close the Fios TV Mobile App and any other running apps to do this. Then, power off your device and wait a few moments before turning it back on.
Once your device has restarted, launch the Fios TV Mobile App again and check if the error code has disappeared.
Clear Fios TV Mobile App Cache and Data
If the error code persists after updating the app and restarting your device, the next step is to clear the app’s cache and data. Remember that doing this will log you out of the app, so make sure you have your login credentials handy.
Here’s how you can clear cache and data on Android and iOS devices:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Navigate to Apps or Application Manager, depending on your device model.
- Locate and tap on the Fios TV Mobile App from the list of installed apps.
- Select Storage or Storage & Cache.
- Tap on Clear Cache and confirm your action when prompted.
- If the error persists, tap on Clear Data and confirm your action. Note: Clearing data will remove your preferences and settings within the app.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on the Fios TV Mobile App.
- On the App Info screen, select Offload App or Delete App.
- After the app is offloaded/deleted, reinstall it from the App Store.
- Launch the app again and check if the error code has disappeared.
Contact Verizon Customer Support
If none of the previous steps have resolved the error code, it’s time to contact Verizon support. As a Verizon Fios subscriber, you can contact their customer service via phone, chat, or online support system.
Explain the issue you are facing, mention the error code number, and let the support team guide you through the troubleshooting process. Remember to provide them with relevant information, such as your device model, app version, and operating system.
Dealing with error codes like 9-6-25-653-015 and 9-6-13-806-106 on the Fios TV Mobile App can be frustrating, especially when you’re in the middle of enjoying your favorite shows or movies. However, armed with a few troubleshooting steps, you can set things right and return to your Fios TV experience without missing a beat.
Remember to stay patient, follow the steps mentioned above, and don’t hesitate to seek support from Verizon if needed. Happy streaming!