Playing music is part of a bedtime routine for many people. They tend to sleep immediately after listening to a few songs on their device. Unfortunately, most users end up with an empty battery on their devices after playing their songs the entire night. It does not help if you need to go to work and do not have the time left to charge your phone batteries when you wake up.
Amazon Music is one of the most popular music streaming services. It offers millions of songs, artists, and podcasts from various genres. If you want to stream music or listen to podcast episodes on your Amazon Music app to help you doze off at night, you can do so with the sleep timer feature.
The Amazon Music sleep timer automatically turns off playback and closes the Amazon Music app at a specific time. For instance, you want to listen to your playlist for only 30 minutes. If you set the sleep timer to 30 minutes, the app will automatically close and turn off after half an hour and your songs will stop playing.
You can enable and set your sleep timer at 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes. However, there is no function yet to allow users to create a customized time, such as 20 or 50 minutes. The app feature works on multiple devices including Android mobile phones, iPhone or iOS devices, as well as Alexa enabled smart speakers and displays.
DON’T MISS: Best deals you can find on Alexa devices at Amazon right now
Updating your Amazon Music App
Before you can set up and enjoy the sleep timer feature on the music streaming platform, you must update your Amazon Music app first.
- Navigate to the AppStore or the Google Play Store on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to Manage Apps or Apps.
- Look for Amazon Music.
- Check if you can see the Update button.
- Tap the Update button.
- Relaunch the Amazon Music app.
How to Set A Sleep Timer on Amazon Music on iPhone/iOS Devices
There are two ways to set the Amazon Music sleep timer on your iOS device or iPhone.
- Launch the Amazon Music app.
- Navigate to Browse.
- Tap the three-dotted icon.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Sleep Timer.
- Turn on the Sleep Timer feature.
- Set the time you want your Amazon Music to stop.
Another way is to use the Clock app on your iOS device.
- Choose a song you want to play on Amazon Music.
- Launch the Clock app on your iOS device.
- Go to Timer.
- Choose your desired time.
- Select When Timer Ends.
- Choose Stop Playing.
- Tap Set.
- Tap Start.
How to Turn On & Use Amazon Music Sleep Timer on Android Phones
- Open the Amazon Music app on your Android device.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Timer section.
- Select Sleep Timer.
- Choose the time you want to set.
- Tap Done.
How to Set Amazon Music Sleep Timer on Alexa Devices
- Open the Alexa app.
- Select Menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to Music.
- Select Amazon Music.
- Choose your playlist and begin playing it.
- Now, say to Alexa, “Alexa, set the sleep timer to 15 minutes.”
How do you like using the sleep timer tool on your Amazon Music app for Android phones, iPhones, or Alexa-enabled devices? We love to hear your thoughts, so drop one for us in the comment section below.
NO ACCOUNT YET? Sign up for a 3-month Amazon Music Unlimited free trial here!