Do you ever want to watch a YouTube video together with friends or someone online remotely, but you’re not sure how to go about it? Well, there’s an easy way to do it using the co-viewing tool on Google Meet!
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to stream and view YouTube videos with friends and other people you know using the Google Meet co-watch or co-view feature.
How to Set Up a Google Meet Video Call
- Simply launch meet.google.com in your web browser on a computer or mobile device and sign in using your Google account. If you don’t own a Google account, make one for free at accounts.google.com.
- Click the “+” icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to start a new meeting.
- Enter the email addresses or phone numbers of the people you want to invite to your meeting (up to 100). You can also add people from your Google Contacts by clicking the “Contacts” tab.
How to Watch YouTube Videos Together with Friends or Family Using the Google Meet Co-Watch Tool
- If you’re already in a meeting, you can click on the “Share Screen” icon and select “YouTube” from the list of options.
- This will open up YouTube in a new window within the meeting, and you can start playing a video. Everyone in the meeting will be able to see and hear the video, and they can type in the chat box to ask questions or make comments.
- You can also watch YouTube videos together without using Google Meet at all. Just go to YouTube and start playing a video, then click on the “Share” icon below the video player.
- From there, you can copy the link to share with your friends via email, text, or social media. When they click on the link, they’ll be taken directly to the video so they can watch it along with you.
Pros And Cons of Using Google Meet to Watch YouTube Videos Together
There are a few pros and cons to using Google Meet video conferencing service to see and stream YouTube videos together. On the plus side, you can chat with your friends or the person you’re watching the video with while the video plays. This can make for a more interactive experience, and it’s also handy if you want to ask questions or make comments about the video in real-time. Additionally, Google Meet is completely free to use.
On the downside, because Meet is designed for audio and video calls, there may be occasional lag or stuttering when trying to play a video. And finally, if you’re not careful, it’s easy to accidentally exit a call and stop the video from playing.
Alternatives to Google Meet
Zoom: Zoom is a popular video conferencing tool that can be used to view YouTube videos with others. Up to 100 participants can join a Zoom meeting, making it a great option for large groups.
Skype: Skype is another video conferencing tool that can be used to watch YouTube videos with others. Skype allows up to 50 participants in a call, making it a good option for smaller groups.
We hope this article has helped you figure out how to watch YouTube videos with your friends or somebody from your group using Google Meet. This is a great way to bond with people and connect with others who share your interests.
It can also be a fun way to learn new things together or just enjoy some quality time together. So, go ahead and give it a try!