There are a lot of fan-favorite television show episodes and a lot of Warner Bros. movies that can be found on the wonderful streaming service that is HBO Max. Do you have something you want to watch, but you know you won’t have access to Wi-Fi? If so, you’ll be able to enjoy the content you love on HBO Max app even when you’re not connected to the Internet.
But, we’re here today to talk about common problems and issues that arise when you try to download HBO Max TV series episodes and films for offline viewing on an iOS or Android mobile device.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix HBO Max Offline Downloads Not Working on iPhone or Android Phone
In spite of your best efforts, the HBO Max app may occasionally reject the download of a certain video on iPhone or Android phone. The good news is that there are straightforward solutions to try on your mobile device now. Try these troubleshooting methods below and you’ll be playing your videos in no time while offline.
Sign Out of and Restart HBO Max App
Sign out of your HBO Max account, then relaunch the streaming application. This action is the digital equivalent of switching it off and then back on again.
- To access your profile, click the symbol in the top-right corner of the screen.
- To access Settings, select the Gear symbol from the menu.
- Select the Sign Out option located at the bottom of the screen.
Clear Cache Data on Android
Your Android device’s cache may be at fault if you’re experiencing problems. You may fix a wide variety of potential problems just by emptying the cache on your computer.
- Make your selections in Settings.
- Find HBO Max and choose it, then pick Storage & cache or Storage from the menu that appears.
- Select the option to clear your cache.
- Tap Clear data.
After you have completed this step, you will be required to sign back into HBO Max.
Delete and Reinstall the HBO Max App
You are unable to clear the app cache on an iPhone or iPad in the same manner that you are able to do so on an Android device; however, you are able to remove the application and then reinstall it, which accomplishes essentially the same thing. To uninstall the application:
- Keep pressing the app icon until a menu appears, and then select the option to Remove App.
- Once the confirmation window appears, select Delete App from the menu.
- Tap Delete again.
- Following this step, you will need to navigate to the App Store in order to redownload and reinstall HBO Max on your device.
Renew the Download
When you download content to view at a later time on HBO Max app, the content will only be accessible to you for a certain period of time after you have downloaded it. Therefore, if you haven’t accessed it in a while, the download might need to be refreshed before you can watch it again.
Because you’ll need an active internet connection to complete this step, you shouldn’t put it off until you’re far from a Wi-Fi hotspot or out of mobile network range.
- Launch HBO Max and then select the Downloads icon located at the very bottom of the screen.
- Press the! next to any downloads that have since become invalid.
- To renew your subscription, tap the button.
When you are about to leave an area with available Wi-Fi and are looking for something to watch on a flight that lasts for a while, downloading content to your mobile device is an excellent option. Just make sure you fulfill HBO Max’s requirements. Then, if you run into issues with the downloads, give one of these solutions a shot to see if it helps resolve the issue.