Xfinity users can now stream and watch Live TV on their Amazon Fire TV devices. Comcast has just released a dedicated app for the Amazon streaming media players. The app is now live and ready for download on the Amazon App Store.
Prior to this release, the Xfinity Stream app is already available on various streamers and TVs including Roku and Roku smart TVs as well as Samsung and LG smart TVs.
The Xfinity Stream app is some kind of a set-top box that allows users with an Xfinity cable TV subscription to access on-demand video content, your DVR recorded programming, and live TV streaming. The app is currently free to download but Comcast will soon give it a price. But users can expect for it to be slightly cheaper than actually getting an additional set-top box.
Supported Fire TV Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Cube
- Fire TV Edition smart TVs (starting from 2014)
How to Download and Install Xfinity Stream App on Amazon Fire TV
- Navigate to your device home screen, and go to the Find tab and click Search.
- Type “Xfinity” in the search bar.
- In the resulting screen, select Xfinity Stream and hit the Get button
- Once the app is installed on your device, you will get the “Xfinity Stream Installed” notification.
- To access the app for the first time, click Open or Launch and then click Allow to proceed.
- On the following screen, click Get Started.
- You will then be provided with a six-digit authorization code.
- Access a browser on any device and go to https://xfinity.com/authorize to enter your authorization code.
- When prompted, enter your Xfinity username and password and click Sign in.
How to Access and Use the Xfinity Stream App on Amazon Fire TV
Once downloaded and installed on your Amazon Fire TV streaming device, you can easily access the Xfinity Stream app using voice command through Alexa or through your Fire TV remote. The Xfinity Stream app home screen shows Featured and Just Recorded content right when you open it.
Using Alexa Voice Command
Just say “Alexa, find Xfinity” or “Alexa, open Xfinity” to get to the app and open it.
Navigate Using Fire TV Remote
- You can use the Navigation circle pad on your Fire TV remote to scroll through the options.
- Press the center Select button to choose an option.
- Press the Menu button, the one with three lines, to bring up more options.
- Press the Back button (the button with the arrow) to return to the Xfinity Stream app home screen.
It’s that easy and convenient. I’m sure, you are excited, like the millions of Xfinity subscribers, to have this new app on your Amazon Fire TV device. Have you been using the Xfinity Stream app on your other devices before this? What was your experience? Tell us in the comments below.