Amazon Prime subscribers are always trying to keep up with this platform’s ever-expanding list of available content. It may take more effort to catch up with your favorite movies or TV shows, especially when you are busy or traveling. The good news is that Amazon Prime Video has an offline viewing feature that allows viewers to download content for later viewing. It can be helpful when traveling or in a place without internet access. But what if you’ve already watched something and want to avoid taking up space in your list?
Managing and deleting downloaded or offline videos on Amazon Prime Video can be quite a hassle. But it doesn’t have to be! This article will explore the steps to make your list stay clean. First, let’s talk about the download rules and limits of Amazon Prime Video.
Download Limit for Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video lets you simultaneously download 15 to 25 video titles on two devices using a single Amazon Prime account.
Duration of Offline Availability for Prime Video
After downloading the video, you can begin watching it within 30 days. But once you start watching, the content will expire in 48 hours and is no longer available for offline viewing.
How to Manage and Delete Downloaded Videos on Amazon Prime Video
You can remove downloaded videos on your Amazon Prime Video app via your mobile device or computer.
Remove Offline Videos on Amazon Prime Video via iPhone, iPad, or Android Devices
Whether you are using an iPhone, iPad, or Android, you can follow these quick steps to manage your downloaded videos.
- Open the app on your device.
- You can see three or four icons at the bottom of your home screen.
- Click “Downloads,” and the list of downloaded content will appear.
- Each downloaded video will have three dots next to the content.
- Click the three dots. Now you will see options like “Play download,” “Delete download,” and “View details.”
- Tap the “Delete download” option. It will delete only the video on the device you are currently using.
Delete Downloaded Videos on Prime Video App via PC or Laptop
You can also download the Amazon Prime Video app using Windows 10 or 11. Here’s how to manage and delete the downloaded Prime Video content on your laptop or PC.
- Once the app is successfully installed on your Windows device, launch the app.
- Sign in to browse all the videos of Amazon Prime Video.
- At the left corner of your computer, click the Downloads icon.
- Click the dots at the top right corner next to the video title.
- Click Delete to remove the file from your download library.
The Prime Video service is also available on web browsers of Windows or macOS, but you cannot download and watch the videos offline. The latest versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Opera browser support Prime Video playback.
List of Supported Devices for Prime Video App
- Android devices
- iOs (iPhone and iPad)
- Windows 10 and 11
- macOS 11.4 Big Sur or Higher
- Fire Tablet
- Smart TVs with the Prime Video App
Overall, Amazon Prime Video is an excellent streaming service that offers plenty of content selection with easy-to-manage download features. Deleting downloaded content you’ve already watched can make your streaming experience more stable and less laggy. It will also save you storage space on your device, allow you to download more content in the future, and make your device run other apps smoothly. All it takes is a few taps in the app!