If you’re a big fan of streaming video games, you’ve probably heard of Twitch. Owned by Amazon, Twitch is a leading global social video platform and community for gamers.
Twitch is a newly launched streaming video platform dedicated to video game streaming and other online entertainment. It is home to millions of gamers, streamers, and eSports fans worldwide and offers its viewers hip and creative content.
Twitch launched its official Twitch app on Roku and Fire TV so that viewers can watch their favorite streamers, follow games they love, and join in the conversation. But this article will specifically focus on how to set up and watch Twitch on your Roku or Fire TV device.
Step-by-Step Guide to Get and Stream Twitch on Roku and Fire TV Devices
While you can access your Twitch subscription on a wide variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets, some people may prefer to watch Twitch on a big screen. Let’s see how we can install and watch it on Roku or Fire TV devices.
How to Add Twitch as a Channel on Roku TV Devices
You can add Twitch to one of your Roku TV channels. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to the Roku home screen and select Streaming Channels from the left-side menu.
- Scroll down to find “Twitch” in the channels list.
- Press the Select button on your remote control.
- Enter your Twitch account details (if you don’t already have one, you can easily create it on the Roku device).
- Select “Add Channel,” and Twitch will be added to your list of channels.
- Go back to the home screen, select Twitch from the left-side menu, and start watching!
Unfortunately, Twitch has been discontinued on Roku TV Devices, so if you haven’t installed the original, you won’t have access to it. So here’s an alternative on how to add and watch the Twitch channel on your Roku devices.
- Log in to your Roku box, then go to the account settings page.
- Click Add channel with a code link.
- Type TWOKU, TTVstream, or TwitchTV, then tap “Add channel.”
- Click Ok on the box of the disclaimer.
- Confirm by tapping “Yes, Add channel.”
- Go to Roku Home Screen, then go to settings.
- Go to System, then select system update.
- Click Check Now.
The device will be updated, and TWOKU Channel (or the other that works) will appear at the bottom of your channel list. And it’s done!
How to Download and Stream Twitch on Amazon Fire TV Devices
You can install and watch Twitch on your Fire TV device using the following steps.
- Go to the Fire home screen and select the App Store icon.
- Search for “Twitch” in the search bar and find the official app.
- Select “Download” and wait for it to install.
- Once the download is finished, go back to the home screen and select “Twitch” from your list of apps.
- Log in using your Twitch account details (if you don’t already have one, you can create it directly on the Fire TV device).
- Start streaming your favorite streamers, follow games you love, and join in the conversation.
Now that you know how to set up and watch Twitch on your Roku or Fire TV device, it’s time to dive into the world of streaming. Explore today and find out what makes Twitch a tremendous social video platform! Have fun!