Are you frustrated with your Amazon Music app continuously repeating and playing the same songs on shuffle mode? Don’t worry; you’re not alone.
This guide will provide practical solutions to fix this issue on Amazon Music and bring variety back to your music-listening experience.
Why Does My Amazon Music App Keeps Repeating & Playing the Same Songs on Shuffle?
Experiencing the error of your Amazon Music app repeatedly playing the same songs on shuffle mode can be perplexing. While the exact cause may vary, there are a few potential reasons why this problem occurs:
- Shuffle Algorithm – The shuffle feature in music apps operates based on an algorithm that randomly selects songs from your library. However, algorithms are not genuinely random but rather pseudo-random, which means they follow specific patterns or sequences.
- Cache and Data – Over time, the cache and data accumulated by the Amazon Music app can become corrupted or outdated. These remnants can interfere with the shuffle algorithm, causing it to repeat the same songs.
- Outdated App Version – Using an outdated Amazon Music app can lead to software bugs and glitches. These bugs may affect the shuffle feature, resulting in repeated songs.
- Account Settings – Your account settings within the Amazon Music app can impact the shuffle behavior. If specific shuffle-related options are disabled or misconfigured, it can cause the app to play the same songs repeatedly.
Resolve Amazon Music Keeps Repeating or Playing Same Songs on Shuffle Error
Update the Amazon Music App
The first step in troubleshooting any software issue is to ensure you’re using the latest app version. Outdated versions can contain bugs that may cause the same songs to play repeatedly.
Head over to your device’s app store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) and check for any available updates for the Amazon Music app. If an update is available, download and install it to see if it resolves the issue.
Clear Amazon Music App Cache and Data
From time to time, accumulated data and cache can cause the Amazon Music app to act up. Clearing the cache and data can help fix any conflicts or glitches.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Amazon Music > Storage to do this on an Android device.
- Tap on “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data.”
- For iOS, uninstall and reinstall the app to achieve a similar effect.
Reset Shuffle Settings on Amazon Music App
The shuffle feature on the Amazon Music app can sometimes get stuck in a loop. To reset the shuffle settings:
- Open the app and navigate to the “Now Playing” screen.
- Look for the shuffle icon (usually two crossing arrows) and tap on it to turn it off.
- Tap it again to re-enable shuffle mode. This action will reset the shuffle algorithm and fix the issue of repetitive songs.
Check your Amazon Music Account Settings
Specific account settings can affect the shuffle behavior on Amazon Music. Open the Amazon Music app and go to the settings menu. Look for any options related to shuffle and ensure that they are enabled.
You can also check your music library for any duplicate tracks. Having duplicates can cause the app to play the same songs repeatedly. Delete any copies or make sure they are adequately organized within your library.
Contact Amazon Music Customer Support
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s time to contact Amazon Music support for further assistance.
Visit the Amazon Music support website or search for their customer service contact information. Please explain the problem and the steps you’ve already taken to address it. Their support team should be able to provide more specific guidance or escalate the issue if necessary.
Dealing with the Amazon Music app playing the same songs repeatedly on shuffle mode can be maddening. Don’t let the frustration of repetitive songs on shuffle mode dampen your love for music.