When it comes to streaming devices, Roku is a household name. Users love its sleek and updated functions, not to mention its reliability in bringing their streaming and gaming experience to another level.
However, Roku devices are not exempted from having issues and the system more often than not, fails, especially with their remote control. According to some users, the volume button on their remote is stuck or does not work on their streaming media player or smart TV. If they try to turn the volume up or down, nothing changes with the audio. Using the power button also fails when you want to turn on or off your device.
TODAY’S DEALS: Amazing offers on select Roku players at Amazon & Walmart right now!
How to Troubleshoot & Resolve Some Roku Remote Buttons are Stuck or Not Working
Fortunately, there are some ways you can do to help you fix the volume error on your Roku device. Many factors may contribute to the problem with the Roku player or TV remote control such as software issues. But, you can resolve it with the solutions and fixes below.
Check the Batteries in your Roku Device
You may be using old batteries that are no longer working. Try to remember when you last changed the batteries on your Roku device. Maybe it is time to use a new pair. You can also check for any signs of damage on each battery.
RELATED: Get the Roku Voice Remote with Rechargeable Batteries
UnPair and Re-Pair your Roku Remote
- Look for the Home, Back, and Pairing buttons on your Roku remote.
- Press all the buttons simultaneously until the LED indicator blinks thrice.
- Once your Roku remote unpairs, you need to pair it back.
- Power off your Roku device and remove the batteries.
- Power on your Roku device and wait to reach the homepage.
- Insert the batteries in your remote.
- Press the Pairing button until the LED indicator blinks.
You can also find detailed instructions on how to reset and re-pair your Roku player remote control here.
Set Up your Roku Device Again
- On your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Remote & Devices.
- Go to Remotes.
- Choose Set Up a New Device.
Reset your Roku Device
- First, unplug your Roku device from the power source and wait for 15 seconds.
- Plug it back and wait for your Roku device to reboot.
Factory Reset your Roku Streaming Player or Smart TV
Note that a factory reset will revert all the settings to default. It will erase all customizations done before.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Go to System.
- Head over to Advanced System Settings.
- Choose Reset Settings.
- Enter your PIN and wait for Roku to restart.
If nothing works for you, perhaps your Roku remote is malfunctioning. If that is the case, you will need to replace it with a new one. You can find loads of Roku compatible universal remote control devices or get the official pointer from Roku. Another way is to install the Roku Controller App and use your mobile device as a remote.
Do you have other ideas on how to fix the Roku remote buttons problem? We love to know them, so please drop your answers below.
DON’T MISS: Find the best Roku remote replacement at Amazon & Walmart!