Streaming services rule the roost when it comes to modern media consumption. Companies like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, and Hulu carry a ton of impressive content, and right up alongside them is Vudu. With over 1000 different shows and movies to choose from, the service is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a new subscription service to try out. But, that’s not what we’re focusing on today.
Instead, today we’ll be looking at a prevalent bug that has plagued Vudu users for a fairly long time now. Occasionally, Vudu users may find that the show or movie they’re watching won’t actually be displayed while the sound is blaring. The Vudu app streaming black or blank screen problem occurs when viewing Ultra HD (UHD) movie content.
You can still hear the audio and sound of what’s going on just fine, but visually all you’re looking at is a blank screen with no picture as such. Try as you might, no matter what you do, the display will remain empty despite you hearing the audio okay.
It’s quite a frustrating issue from the bunch to troubleshoot, especially since it’s a playback error without an error code or message. But, worry not, we’re here to guide you through troubleshooting and finding a workaround and a fix for this Vudu app issue. We’ve compiled a couple of simple solutions that you can use to figure things out.
TODAY’S OFFER: Rent or buy new movies at Vudu for less. Click here!
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Vudu App Has Audio or Sound But with Blank Screen and No Pictures when Streaming UHD Movies
Now, troubleshooting this issue on the Vudu app is a matter of trying different solutions until one works. It’s a pity that it happens at all, but worry not, we’ll do what we can to help out. So, let’s get straight into the solutions so you can get back to your UHD streaming in no time.
Relaunch the Vudu App
- If your UHD video doesn’t play properly, then the first thing to try is relaunching the Vudu app on your Android mobile phone or iPhone. You can do this for smart TVs, desktop computers, Roku players, or any device you’re using to stream content on Vudu.
- Close the Vudu application or client completely.
- Wait for a few minutes and then launch it back up again.
- Try to watch a show or movie and see if the issue has fixed itself.
Update the Vudu App Installed on your Device
- Check and see if the Vudu app has any pending updates on your device.
- If available, then download and install updates to upgrade the app to its latest version.
- Wait for the update to finish installing.
- Once finished, launch the app.
- Try to watch a movie or show.
Disable Hardware Acceleration on Web Browsers
- Hardware acceleration is a common cause for this problem.
- Open your browser’s menu.
- Head into advanced settings.
- Search for System settings.
- Turn off “Use hardware acceleration when available.”
- Restart your browser.
- Try watching a show or movie again.
And with that, we’ve reached the end of our guide! If you’ve followed all the steps we’ve listed down properly, then you should be back to watching Vudu as usual without anymore issues even when streaming UHD content. For more guides, fixes and tips like these, stay tuned!