We all know how frustrating it is when we can’t find our favorite TV shows or movies on Netflix. If you’re in the same boat, then you’ll be happy to know that there is a way to transfer your streaming profile to a new account.
In this guide article, we will show you how to move an old or existing profile to a new account using the new Profile Transfer feature on Netflix. We will also provide some helpful tips on ensuring your transfer is successful and the use of the tool is maximized. So, if you’re ready to learn more about moving or transferring a profile to a new account on Netflix, read on!
What is Profile Transfer Feature on Netflix?
As we all know, Netflix is the world’s leading streaming service, with over 150 million paid subscribers. It has an extensive library of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more. You can watch Netflix on your smart TV, streaming sticks, computer, phone, or tablet.
If you have multiple people in your household who use Netflix, you may want to consider using the Profile Transfer feature. This allows you to move a profile from one account to another. For example, if you have a child who is moving out of the house and wants their own account, you can transfer their profile to a new account.
Steps to Take Before Moving a Netflix Profile to a New Account
Here’s how to manage and transfer a streaming profile on Netflix:
- Log in to your Netflix account and click on your Profile icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select “Manage Profiles” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the profile you want to transfer and select “Edit Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the “Profile Transfer” section and enter the email address of the person you want to transfer the profile.
- Click “Transfer Profile” and confirm that you want to transfer the profile.
The person or user you transferred the profile to will then receive an email with instructions on how to activate the streaming profile on their account. Once they activate it, they will have access to all of your content.
How to Transfer a Profile from One Netflix Account to Another
If you’re moving to a new Netflix account and want to transfer your profile, you can do so using the Profile Transfer feature. Here’s how:
- Log in to your old Netflix account and go to the Account page.
- Under Profile Transfer, enter the email address of the new account owner and click Send Invite.
- The new account owner will then receive an email with instructions on how to accept the transfer. Once they accept, your profile will be moved over, and you’ll be able to access it on the new account.
What Happens After a Profile is Moved on Netflix
After a profile is moved using the Profile Transfer feature on Netflix, the old profile will be deactivated, and the new profile will be activated. Any saved shows or movies in the old profile will be transferred to the new profile.
How to Cancel a Profile Transfer on Netflix
If you want to cancel a profile transfer using the Profile Transfer tool on Netflix, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Netflix account.
- Hover over your profile name in the top right corner of the screen and click “Account.”
- Scroll down to the “Profile Transfer” section and click “Cancel.”
- Confirm that you want to cancel the profile transfer by clicking “Yes, Cancel Profile Transfer.”
Netflix’s Profile Transfer feature is a great way to move your profile from one account to another. This can be a useful tool if you’re moving to a new Netflix account or if you just want to change things up and try out a different profile. Either way, it’s easy to do and only takes a few minutes. So why not give it a try? You might be surprised at how much you like the new profile you created.