YouTube TV gives you some of the best live TV channels you can find on a streaming service. With over 85 add-on channels to choose from, you can bundle and access live sports, news, lifestyle, food, and more networks through your base subscription plan. YouTube TV also allows you to record videos to unlimited DVR storage and gives you an option to share it with up to six accounts and devices.
However, subscribing to YouTube TV comes with a hefty price. To enjoy all these benefits, you need to sign up for a YouTube TV membership plan, which is $64.99 per month. Right now, YouTube TV offers a discount to new subscribers, reducing its monthly fee to $54.99 for the first three months.
If you do not want to get caught up with paying $65 per month on a streaming service, you can still watch some of YouTube TV’s selected extra live TV channels. Recently, YouTube TV launched a new service that fits the needs of its users who want to buy only certain standalone networks. Without needing to subscribe to a base plan membership, you can still purchase and stream some of YouTube TV’s add-on channels and extra standalone networks.
How to Subscribe & Purchase YouTube TV Add-On Networks & Extra Channels Without Need for a Base Plan
YouTube TV now allows its users to buy and purchase its new service plan which will allow you to add only the live TV channels and networks that you want to watch. Each TV channel comes with a specific monthly fee, so you can manage how much you want to shell out each month while still enjoying your binge-watching nights.
For instance, you can only add STARZ for $8.99 per month and SHOWTIME for $10.99 per month on your YouTube TV account. Your total monthly bill will only be $19.98 per month. You have the option of whether or not you want to add the $64.99 base plan of YouTube TV.
- First, launch the YouTube TV app on your device. You can also go to https://tv.youtube.com/.
- Go to the top right corner and sign in to your Google account.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Head over to Membership.
- From there, you will see the list of channel add-ons for YouTube TV, including the Base Plan. On each channel, you will see the monthly fee and the add button.
- If you still have the Base Plan subscription, you have the option to cancel or remove it.
- Tap Manage beside YouTube TV.
- Select Cancel to remove or cancel the Base Plan.
- Choose Continue Canceling.
- Select Update Membership.
- Now, choose the channel add-ons you want to purchase and tap the Add button next to it.
Note that not all networks are available for Add-Ons only without the Base Plan. You will see “Requires Base Plan” if the network must be purchased with a YouTube TV base plan.
List of YouTube TV Channel Add-Ons Users Can Buy Without a Base Plan
There are several networks you can choose as channel add-ons on your YouTube TV account without subscribing to the Base Plan. Here is the list below.
- Acorn TV
- Curiosity Stream
- Hallmark Movies Now
- HBO Max
- IFC Films Unlimited
- Law & Crime
- NBA League Pass
- Outside TV Features
- Spanish Plan
- Sundance Now
What do you think of the new flexible plan for buying add-on networks and extra channels on YouTube TV? We love to hear your thoughts! You can share them in the comment section below.