HBO Max has become a popular choice from the sea of streaming service providers for many users, given its reliable name in the entertainment industry. There are many original and exclusive TV shows that you can stream at any time you want. You can rerun well-loved titles and discover new and upcoming content every month. There is always something to look forward to on HBO Max.
If you are unsure whether your device can stream movies and TV shows on HBO Max, you can check out below to see compatible devices and browsers that support the HBO Max streaming app. Take note of the software version and model of your device for you to upgrade if it does not work and fit the requirement.
Complete List of Compatible Devices & Supported Browsers to Stream HBO Max
There are several options from the list of compatible devices and supported browsers if you want to stream on HBO Max. Fortunately, you can get easy access or already own one or two of these devices at home. This guide includes smart TVs, streaming media players, gaming consoles, mobile phones and tablets, desktop and laptop computers as well as browsers. Check out the full list below.
Supported Mobile Devices that Runs the HBO Max App
- Apple iPhone – iOS 12.2 or later
- Apple iPad – iOS 12.2 or later
- Apple iPod Touch – iOS 12.2 or later
- Android smartphones – Android OS 5 or later
- Android tablets – Android OS 5 or later
- Amazon Fire tablets – 4th generation and later (View at Amazon)
Compatible Desktop/Laptop Computers & Browsers for HBO Max
- Windows PC – Windows 7 or later
- Apple Mac – macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks – Chrome browser version 78 or later
- Google Chrome – latest version
- Mozilla Firefox – latest version
- Microsoft Edge for Windows – latest version
- Safari – version 12 or later
Streaming Players, Consoles & Smart TV Devices Compatible with HBO Max Streaming App
- Amazon Fire TV – Fire OS 5.3.6 or later (View at Amazon)
- Android TV – Android OS 5 or later (AT&T Streaming TV box, Sony Android TVs 2015 and later, and TiVo Stream 4K) (View at Amazon)
- Apple TV 4K – latest tvOS software (View at Amazon / View at Walmart)
- Apple TV HD – latest tvOS software (View at Amazon)
- Cox Contour 2
- Contour Stream Player
- PlayStation 4 (View at Amazon)
- PlayStation 5 (View at Amazon / View at Walmart)
- Roku streaming device – Roku OS 9.3 and later (View at Amazon)
- Samsung TV – 2016 models and later (View at Amazon / View at Samsung.com)
- Spectrum WorldBox
- Xbox One (View at Amazon)
- Xbox Series X|S (View at Amazon)
- Xfinity X1
- Xfinity Flex
You can also cast HBO Max from your mobile device or computer to your smart TV via Google Chromecast. For Apple users, you can stream HBO Max to your AirPlay 2 compatible device. Another way is to use an HDMI cable to connect your devices.
Once you are certain that your streaming device is on the list, go ahead and sign up for a free trial account on HBO Max!
What streaming media player are you using to watch shows on HBO Max? Are you using the app or website? We would love to hear your story! You can write to us in the comment section below.