Seeing this red light will make you see red in annoyance but worry not because there are several things you can do to put an end to this Sony TV issue.
Top Solutions to Resolve Sony Smart TV Blinking Red Light 2, 3, 4 or 5 Times Issue
Check the Power Cord and Power Source on Sony TV
Before anything else, don’t forget to inspect the power cord of your TV to see if there are signs of fraying or damage. The red light might blink several times if the cord is damaged.
While you’re at it, see to it that you plug in your TV to a functioning power source. Use a different device to test the outlet and confirm that it is still working as it should without malfunctioning.
Power Cycle the Sony TV
You can also power cycle your Sony TV to fix its blinking red light 2, 3, 4, or 5 times glitch. Power cycling your TV means that you need to switch it off and then on again to clear minor errors or glitches.
Execute a Forced Factory Reset on your Sony Smart TV
A hard reset might also help get rid of the blinking red light on your Sony TV. There are instances when a TV only turns on for a while if it is blinking red light or it might not turn on completely.
If it’s the latter, using the TV buttons to reset it is your only option left. However, remember that this method only works on Sony Bravia KDL TVs as well as those models installed with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS or higher. This also works on both LCD and OLED models.
- To perform a forced factory reset, unplug your Sony TV from its power outlet.
- Look for the volume down and power buttons on the TV while it is still unplugged.
- These buttons might be found on the top, bottom, or sides of the TV, depending on its model.
- If your TV model also comes with a power button, you can hold it down and proceed with the rest of the steps.
- After finding the said buttons, hold down the power and volume down buttons on your Sony TV.
- Plug the TV back in to a functioning power outlet while you’re still holding the power and volume down buttons.
- Continue to hold the buttons until you notice the green or white LED light turning on which indicates that the reset is complete.
- The TV will restart on its own if you perform the reset properly.
- But if the TV doesn’t switch on by itself, you can turn it back on by pressing the power button.
If nothing happens after the first try, just repeat the entire process. Sony claims that sometimes, you need to try the process up to five times before you successfully finish the reset.
Now that you know how to fix Sony TV blinking red light 2, 3, 4, or 5 times glitch, go ahead and try the fixes above so you can go back to making the most out of your beloved device.