Amazon Prime Video hosts an expansive collection of movies and TV shows for streaming. However, like any streaming platform, you might encounter error codes on Amazon Prime Video that hamper your viewing experience.
The Hierarchy problem is one such problem that might happen when trying to stream information. We will coach you through numerous stages in this extensive troubleshooting guide to assist you in resolving the Amazon Prime Video error.
Troubleshoot Hierarchy Error on Amazon Prime Video App
Refresh the Amazon Prime Video Page
Refreshing the page can help fix the problem if you have a CSS error while streaming from Prime Video and get the HIERARCHY_ERROR message. What you can do is:
- In your web browser, press or tap the refresh button.
- Try closing and reopening the Prime Video app if you are using one on a streaming device.
You can frequently resume streaming without running into the Hierarchy Error by refreshing the page or restarting the program.
Close and Restart the Amazon Prime Video App
Another way to fix transient problems that can be resulting in the Hierarchy Error is to close and restart the Prime Video app. Take these actions:
- Log out of the Prime Video app on your computer or mobile device.
- Hold off for a short while.
- Relaunch the Prime Video app.
Restarting the app gives it a fresh start and may fix any bugs that were the source of the Hierarchy Error.
Check Internet Connection
It’s essential to have a steady and dependable internet connection to view Prime Video. To make sure your connection isn’t the reason for the Hierarchy Error, follow these instructions:
- To restore the connection, restart your device and router.
- Test your internet speed to make sure it satisfies the minimal requirements for streaming on Prime Video.
- Look for any DNS or network-related issues that might be hurting your streaming experience.
You can eliminate potential sources of the Hierarchy Error by fixing any internet connection problems.
Disable VPN and Proxy Servers
A virtual private network (VPN) or proxy server may occasionally cause the streaming service to malfunction. In order to adhere to content rights restrictions, Amazon Prime Video puts limitations on the use of VPNs.
To disable VPN or proxy servers, take the following actions:
- Switch off your device’s proxy server or disconnect from your VPN.
- Disable or uninstall any VPN or proxy-related browser extensions or apps that you may be using.
You can eliminate any potential conflicts that might be the root of the Hierarchy Error on Prime Video by removing VPN and proxy servers.
Clear Cache and Update the Amazon Prime Video App
Occasionally, corrupted data in the cache of the Prime Video app or the web browser can cause problems like Hierarchy Error. To clear the cache, adhere to following steps:
- For web browsers, find the option to remove cache data in the browser settings. Observe the directions that your particular browser provides.
- If you’re accessing the Prime Video app on a mobile device, seek the option to clear cache in the app’s settings.
- After deleting the cache, check to see if the Prime Video browser or app is running the most recent version. Updates frequently feature compatibility enhancements and bug fixes.
You may make sure you have a clean and efficient environment for streaming on Prime Video by cleaning the cache and upgrading the app.
Remove Conflicting Browser Extensions
Some add-ons or extensions for browsers can interfere with Prime Video and produce problems like Hierarchy Error. What you can do is:
- Turn off any browser add-ons or extensions that might be conflicting.
- Restart your browser and attempt to stream Prime Video once more.
It is possible to avoid running into the Hierarchy Error while streaming on Prime Video by removing incompatible browser extensions.
Contact Amazon Customer Support
It is advised to contact Amazon Prime Video customer care for more help if the Hierarchy Error still occurs after following the previous instructions.
They can offer customized troubleshooting instructions depending on your device, account settings, and the particular error code you are experiencing because they have access to the most recent information.
Access the official Amazon Prime Video website and scout for the “Contact” or “Support” feature to reach out to them. Detail the error code and the actions you have already taken for them. They will assist you with additional troubleshooting or, if required, escalate the problem.