The Smart TV market has lots of great brands to chose from, each with there own platform and features that make them worth purchasing. Vizio TV is one of the best options available on the market currently and sell a wide range of models that you can choose from providing you with great picture and sound quality and a generally great smart TV experience.
However, Vizio smart TVs including SmartCast versions also have errors that come with it, as does any smart TV device. One of the most common error messages that users can be greeted with when launching the app is the ‘No Signal’ error message, and the ‘smartcast not working’ error message – both of which will make it impossible for users to access any of the Vizio TV channels.
How to Fix No Signal Available Returning to SmartCast Home Error Message on VIZIO Smart TV
Fortunately, there are ways you can resolve these issues and troubleshoot your Vizio TV yourself. Find the best ways to help you fix the “No signal available. Returning to SmartCast Home.” error on Vizio SmartCast TV.
Perform a Power Cycle Method on the Vizio TV
The first potential solution is to perform a power cycle on the Vizio SmartCast TV, as this involves turning the device off and on completely. This can often solve the issue, as sometimes the errors are caused by bugs in the RAM storage of the Vizio smart TV, which when powered off, get deleted.
To perform a power cycle properly, simply:
- Turn off the Vizio TV using the remote control.
- Unplug the Vizio TV from the wall outlet.
- After a brief pause, reconnect the TV to the wall outlet and power it back on.
- Check to see if the issue has been resolved.
This can sometimes resolve both the issues mentioned in the start of the article, however sometimes they do not. If they do not, proceed to the further solutions.
Inspect the Connector Cables of your Vizio Smart TV
One of the most common reasons for your Vizio TV to lose signal and display the ‘no signal’ error message is because of improper cables connecting to your input device from your Vizio TV, and vice versa. If cables are damage or not connected properly, then the input device that you have connected to Vizio TV will have problems transmitting and communicating with your Vizio TV, thus resulting in the ‘No Signal’ error message that you get presented with. To ensure all the cables appear fine:
- Unplug all connected cables from your input device to your Vizio TV.
- Inspect both the cables and ports to make sure both appear fine and normal.
- Reinsert the cables, ensuring they are firmly in place.
Refresh your Vizio SmartCast Device
Another possible solution is to refresh SmartCast. To do so:
- Switch the TV to the SmartCast input.
- Open your TV’s System Menu.
- Change the language of your TV to another language other than what it is set on.
- Let SmartCast load, and then change back to the original language.
This will cause SmartCast to refresh itself, hopefully resolving any issues that you have.
That’s it! Let us know what you think in the comments section down below.