If you are looking to stream live TV on your computer, mobile phone, or smart TV, you can check out the Spectrum TV app. It includes on-demand content with several channels for you to explore and watch at any time. Navigating through the content library is easy thanks to its search by title or person feature.
Spectrum TV offers live sports, news, and other TV channels for shows and movies that you can watch or record on your DVR. You can search the title that you want to stream in one place, whether it is on your DVR, On-Demand, or Live TV.
While Spectrum TV is compatible with Samsung smart TV and Roku devices, there are instances when you may experience an error launching the app. Several users reported that their Spectrum TV app is not working when they open it on Samsung smart TV or Roku streaming media player. The issue prevents them from watching their favorite TV shows and channels.
TODAY’S DEALS: Limited-time offers on Roku players at Amazon & Walmart!
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Spectrum TV App Not Working on Samsung Smart TV and Roku Devices
If you encounter the issue where your Spectrum TV app is no longer working on your Samsung smart TV or Roku device, several methods and workarounds will help you troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
Check the Service Status of Spectrum TV
The server of Spectrum TV may be down. You may need to verify it by going to the Down Detector and checking for the server status. If it is down, there is nothing you can do except wait for Spectrum to fix the issue by itself.
Try to Power Cycle your Samsung TV, Roku Device, and Network Router
- Turn off your Samsung smart TV or Roku device.
- Unplug them from the power outlet. You also need to unplug both your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 3 minutes.
- Now, plug all your devices back in and connect to the Internet.
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV or Roku device.
- Look for the Spectrum TV app and try to relaunch it if it works.
Soft Reset your Samsung Smart TV or Roku Player
How to Soft Reset a Samsung Smart TV
- To soft reset your Samsung smart TV, press and hold the Power button on your Samsung smart TV remote control until it turns off.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- Press the Power button again to turn on your smart TV.
How to Soft Reset a Roku Streaming Media Player
- To perform a soft reset on your Roku streaming device, press the Home button on your Roku remote five times.
- Next, press the Up button once.
- Then, press the Rewind button twice.
- Lastly, press the Fast Forward button twice.
Update the Spectrum TV App
- To update the Spectrum TV app on your Samsung smart TV, press the Smart Hub button on your remote.
- Go to Featured.
- Look for the Spectrum TV app and highlight it.
- Press and hold the Enter button to launch the menu.
- Click Update apps.
- Choose Select All.
- Click Update.
- To update the Roku device, press the Home button on your remote.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose System.
- Go to System Update.
- Select Check Now.
Reinstall the Spectrum TV App on Roku & Samsung TV
- To uninstall the Spectrum TV app on your Samsung smart TV, go to the Apps section.
- At the bottom right corner, select Options.
- Choose Delete.
- Click the Spectrum TV app.
- Click Delete.
- To uninstall the Spectrum TV app on your Roku device, press the Home button.
- Select Streaming Channels.
- Look for the Spectrum TV app.
- Click the OK button on your remote.
- Choose the Remove channel.
- Confirm your action.
- After uninstalling the Spectrum TV app on your Samsung smart TV or Roku, you can now reinstall a new version.
Do you have other solutions that will help fix the Spectrum TV app playback error on Samsung smart TV or Roku player? We would love to know more methods that work! You can write to us in the comment section below.
DON’T MISS: Amazing deals on the latest Samsung TVs at Amazon, Walmart & Samsung.com!