Last 2019, Spotify launched the Spotify Kids app. It gives children access to their favorite tunes while under the supervision of their parents. The music streaming app for kids comes with parental control. Parents will have full authority over what their children listen to by blocking tracks that are not appropriate and reviewing their listening history.
Now, Spotify gives parents added features to help bond with their kids. Spotify Kids app now comes with the Shared Playlists function that allows parents to share some of their playlists with their kids. However, not all the songs are available on the Spotify Kids app.
Sometimes, parents want their kids to stream some of their favorite music but are not available on the Kids app. By sharing their playlists, kids can listen to these tunes at any time.
How to Share your Favorite Playlists with your Child using Spotify Kids App
Using the Shared Playlists on Spotify Kids App is easy. All you need to do is access the Spotify Kids app.
- First, look for the playlist on your regular Spotify app that you want to share with your kids.
- Launch the Spotify Kids app.
- On the top left corner, tap the Avatar.
- Select Grown ups.
- Enter your PIN.
- Go to Shared Playlists.
- Now, select the playlist that you want to share.
- Tap Share. If you are sharing for the first time, a confirmation screen will appear.
- Your playlist will appear on the Spotify Kids app under the Shared with You section.
Now, your kids can start streaming the songs that you want to share with them. Keep in mind that songs with explicit lyrics have an E mark. Before you share a playlist with your child, it is best to review what is in it. Remove the songs that have the E mark and evaluate if the tunes are ideal for them or not.
What do you think of the new Shared Playlists on Spotify Kids App? You can share your thoughts with us by dropping us a comment below.