NOW TV, the streaming service from Sky, is now available on various Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick devices. Subscribers will be able to access the streaming platform without the need for a smart TV or another compatible streaming stick like the NOW TV stick. This makes NOW TV share the center stage with the bigwigs like Netflix and Disney Plus on the Amazon device.
Users can enjoy a vast new set of content from movies, TV shows, box-sets, live sports to kids shows. Sports fans will be in for a treat as they will now get all the major sports and Premier League streaming services right on their Amazon Fire TV such as Sky Sports, BT Sports as well as Prime Video’s live matches.
List of Amazon Fire TV Devices that Supports NOW TV App
The NOW TV app is compatible on the following Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick devices:
- Fire TV Stick Lite – 1st Gen (2020)
- Fire TV Stick – 3rd Gen (2020)
- Fire TV Stick – 2nd Gen (2016-2019)
- Fire TV Stick – Basic Edition (2017)
- Fire TV Stick 4K – 1st Gen (2018)
- Fire TV Edition – JVC Smart HD/FHD (2020)
Other Fire TV devices such as the Fire TV Cube and older models will get the NOW TV app support in early 2021.
How to Download, Install and Use NOW TV on Amazon Fire Stick
- Make sure that your device is supported or compatible with NOW TV.
- Go to the Fire TV app store on your Amazon device, and look for the NOW TV app.
- Download and install the app.
- Once installed, you can either sign in or register for a new NOW TV account to start using it on your stick.
The NOW TV app on Amazon Fire TV is only available to subscribers in the UK, Austria, Germany, Italy, and Ireland. Customers from other parts of Europe will have to wait for further announcements.
Were you able to successfully install NOW TV on your Fire TV device? How was your experience? Do let us know in the comments section below.