As with all Smart TVs however, Vizio TVs do not come without their faults and issues, and sometimes these can be a pain to deal with. One of those issues is screen dimming and darkening, more than usual, on your Vizio TV.
How to Troubleshoot & Fix Vizio Smart TV Screen is Dimming Darker than Normal Even on Full Brightness
If you are someone who has experienced this issue before, and you were not sure how to solve it on your Vizio TV device, then this article will be for you. It will explain how to solve the darker VIZIO smart TV display screen issue, in fact, it becomes too dark or dim periodically more than normal even on full brightness settings!
Changing Smart TV Screen Brightness
So, one of the things you want to make sure you do when you are having this issue is to make sure that the brightness settings of your screen, and picture mode, are correct and what you want. Sometimes when you experience screen dimming, it is just that some picture mode settings have been changed, and so this can often be a relatively easy fix. Simply:
- Open your Vizio TV settings using the remote control.
- Navigate to the Picture Mode settings and Brightness and Contrast control area.
- Adjust the sliders until you are happy with the screen’s configuration.
- Close the settings and see if the issue is fixed.
Chances are, this will solve the issue, although if it has not, there are a few other things you can try.
Change the Backlight Settings on VIZIO TV
One of the Vizio TV features is that sometimes it automatically sets the Backlight Control to auto, which means that it automatically adjusts your brightness and contrast settings to suit the lighting environment that the TV is in. This technology is similar to adaptive brightness controls on a smartphone and usually works well, however, if the sensor on your TV is blocked or dirty, or even worse damaged, it can cause the backlight settings to adjust themselves incorrectly. So, to turn these off:
- Open the Menu of your Vizio TV using the remote.
- Navigate to Picture settings > Auto Brightness Control.
- Switch the associated setting off.
- Save and exit the settings menu and see if the issue is fixed.
Hopefully, this will have fixed your issue as your Vizio TV will no longer automatically adjust its own brightness settings. However, if it has not, then there is one last thing that you can try…
Turn Off Economy Mode on your TV Settings
Many TVs feature an economy picture mode, which will automatically reduce the brightness to preserve power, causing screen dimming issues. This can often be annoying and is often enabled out of the box. To turn it off:
- Open the Menu using your remote.
- Navigate to Picture Settings > Picture Mode.
- Find the setting that correlates to eco or economy (named differently on different firmware) and turn it off.
- Save and exit the settings.
Hopefully, this will have solved your issue with Vizio smart TV that keeps on darkening or dimming occasionally! Let us know what you think in the comments section below.