To make sure that only people with permission may make purchases, Roku lets you utilize a four-digit security PIN (personal identification number). To prevent kids from viewing particular types of content, it can also be utilized as a parental control feature. Although it is not required, using the Roku PIN is a good idea if you are not the sole user of the Roku player or smart TV.
The Roku PIN cannot be established, managed, updated, or altered on the Roku streaming player, stick, or smart TV itself, only on the Roku website while logged into your Roku account.
TODAY’S DEALS: Find these great offers on new Roku devices at Amazon & Walmart!
How to Create & Update or Change Security PIN on your Roku Account
- Launch a web browser on your computer and go to my.roku.com to sign in to your Roku account, if required.
- You may find and view your current PIN preferences in the PIN preference area. If you’ve never created a PIN before, it should state that neither a PIN nor a password is necessary to see content or make transactions.
- Select Update.
- You must choose “Always require a PIN” to have any purchases and add things from the Channel Store if your PIN settings are currently disabled. Alternatively, you can choose Always require a PIN to make purchases.
- Type in and double-check your chosen PIN. Both fields must match exactly.
- Modify your PIN settings any further that you see fit. You can choose to use the PIN for parental controls or for making transactions.
- Press “Save Changes.”
How to Find and Reset your Roku Device PIN
Roku makes it simple to find and change or reset your PIN since, in contrast to the majority of other PIN-using systems, you don’t need to know your old PIN in order to create a new one. Your username and password are all that are needed to manage and access your Roku account. You can attempt a password recovery if you’ve forgotten that as well.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and go to my.roku.com to sign in to your Roku account if doing so is required. If you cannot recall your password, you can receive an email with a link to reset it by clicking the “Forgot password?” link and following the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Select Update under PIN Preference.
- Type in and double-check your chosen PIN. Both fields must match exactly. Notably, you can reset or generate a new PIN without having to recall your previous one.
- Modify your PIN settings as needed, including whether or not you wish to utilize the PIN while making transactions or for parental restrictions.
- Press “Save Changes.”
How to Delete or Remove the Security PIN from your Roku Profile
You can remove a security PIN that you’ve set for your Roku account by following the steps below if you determine you no longer need one.
- Register with your Roku account.
- Click Update under PIN choice.
- Select Making purchases and adding channels. Making purchases or adding channels doesn’t require a PIN.
- Select Off under Parental Controls for The Roku Channel.
- Choose “Save preferences.”
Any of your Roku devices no longer require a PIN to make purchases, add channels, or play content from The Roku Channel after your PIN choices have been preserved.
Purchases, the addition of streaming channels, and the activation of parental controls are all managed by Roku with a single PIN. You always have the choice to use the PIN you choose when creating, updating, or resetting your Roku PIN on the Roku website to make purchases and add content.
DON’T MISS: Check out these limited-time deals on Roku at Amazon & Walmart!